“My weekend at Cape Flame Guest House”

Cape Flame Guest House
Ranked #23 of 223 Port Elizabeth B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, South Africa
“My weekend at Cape Flame Guest House”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had a magnifcent stay at this stylish guest house. Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were luxurious and comfortable, delicious meals were served for breakfast and dinner we requested. The guesthouse is excellently located within walking distance from the beach and the Boardwalk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 30 September 2013

A real top class venue started off with a friendly reception, informative welcome and introduction to a spacious, neat and comfortable suite. The lounge and breakfast room facilities are superb the service excellent and quality of food great. Secure parking and security provisions are comforting. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Beautiful rooms-most comfortable & tastefully decorated. Friendly staff who were always very eager to assist. Excellent location - I walked to the Boardwalk Casino and Entertainment Centre as well as the beach simply because both were on my doorstep - I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Room 4's balcony is the size of a room on its own - lovely!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I was staying at this establishment for a week whilst attending lectures at NMMU. I emailed and asked how the rooms were equiped so that I may make my own dinners and was promptly and friendly answered that everything is there for my convenience. Shortly after making my reservation through Booking.com I received a phone call (that went to voicemail) that everything is confirmed and taken care of for my stay.
Breakfasts were delectable and prompt. Service was always friendly. I messed up with the safe and locked some valuables inside without altering the pin. I really do mean valuables. I reported this to the front desk and it was sorted (and everything still untouched!) when I came back from a day of classes.
Highly recommended. The bathroom has underfloor heating, the rooms are cleaned everyday back to their immaculate state and parking is safe and convenient. It is close enough to the beach to walk, but far enough to be quiet and tranquill.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Be specific if you want a view as some of the rooms do not have this. Some are on the second floor s...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sedgefield, South Africa
Reviewed 11 February 2013

We reserved the last room available once we had arrived in Port Elizabeth, as there was a sports fixture on. The guesthouse looks very nice and up to the 4* symbol. However, once going inside we found the housekeeping wasn't up to scratch, the carpets needed cleaning, the bath toiletries in the bathroom were not labelled,so one didn't know whether they were soap, shampoo or cream.
However, the staff were extremely pleasant and we had a very nice breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
lkumral, General Manager at Cape Flame Guest House, responded to this review, 11 June 2013
Dear Lea, Thank you for the positive critique received! At the time of your stay we were in the process of preparing Cape Flame for our planned renovation and maintenance program. Suffice to say we’ve replaced some and thoroughly industrially cleaned the other and all is looking as good as new again! We’ve also moved across to a new service provider for our bathroom amenities. Hopefully when we see you again you will be very pleasantly surprised! We look forward to your next stay with us!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Ronel, Tessa and team were excellent and took great care of us. They even prepared breakfast at 4am for us on the morning of the Ironman race we were participating in and the additional fruitbars, powerades and water placed free of charge in our rooms were are really thoughtful touches- such being the consistent care and nice attention to details that have kept us happy and we definitely recommend them.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This lovely Guest house has a charm. Professional and friendly staff, clean rooms with perfect natural light, made my African experience even more enjoyable. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Rooms in main building has lovely balconies.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo