Lodge on Main Guest House and Conference Centre
US$92
US$122
US$109
Agoda.com
All reviewsbeds were comfortablevery pleasant staybusiness tripone nightclose to the airportpeamenities
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the lodge it's a pity I only stayed for a night. The welcoming staff, delicious breakfast and cosy environment just made it worthwile.I will definately recommend Lodge on Main to my friends and family!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our stay at Lodge on Main was an overall pleasant stay.
What we loved about it was the cleanliness at the dining area where we had our breakfast. The breakfast was wonderful and had a several options. I was particularly happy that an extra blanket was available as it was a chilly winter weekend.
What we did not enjoy is the tv. It is a bit on the small side with a terrible reception. The shower upon arrival had an unpleasant odor coming from it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The location is great and the place has huge potential if they just paid attention to the smaller things.
My wall paper was peeling off, my TV didn't catch any clear reception, my cupboard smelt of damp and my bathroom didn't have soap and they didn't replenish my toilet paper - luckily the tissues came in handy.
There are loose stones on the walk way if you enter the outside units from the outside (not going through the main house).

The kettle in the breakfast area took SO long to boil, my toast was already toasted and buttered.

Parking and getting out of the parking was also a bit of a challenge and one doesn't want to really park outside.

Checking out was a tedious process. If you know that 4 people are checking out, pre print your invoices so all you need to do is just swipe, staple slip and fold! Envelopes are also a nice to have especially us business folk who need to store all our invoices and slips.

Won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: The outside units are spacious but be careful of the odd outside walk way that has two tiles that you may trip on if you don't watch where you walk.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The guest lodge looks very tired. The carpet up the stairs was dirty. The tiles in the showering grouting was orange brown with grouting missing. In the morning there was no one to take the breakfast order for some time as the conference attendees were more important to please than the overnight guests. I slep at another guset house and paid R100 more but the difference was chalk and cheese. A great pity as I stayed at this guest house a year or more ago and it was a different room and experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We had a pleasant stay at Lodge on Main. It is well situated near shops and other amenities. We like to know that our vehicle is safe and all guests can park vehicles inside the grounds.We had to however fetch toilet paper and also feel that the cooking of eggs can be given some attention. Our eggs were rock hard.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple