“Leaps ahead of the rest in Port Elizabeth”
Review of Fushin

Fushin
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Al fresco dining, on the lovely cobbles of Stanley Street....Immerse yourself in a ambient dining environment. Soho Fushin Lounge Caters for patrons on a social level by providing them with world class beverages.(Serves as a waiting venue for seating tables at Fushin.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Fushin is a top quality establishment, and will always be my first choice for dinner in PE without a doubt. The sushi menu is thoughtfully put together, with a lot of variety and unusual flavour combinations. Have tried most of the dishes over the course of several return visits, and cannot fault anything that we've ordered. Great service too.

Without denigrating PE unnecessarily, I can describe Fushin as a refreshing pocket of Cape Town standing out like a beacon of light in PE. It just feels like Fushin is cut from a superior cloth to what else is on offer in these parts.

Definitely make reservations, and if they're already full, a table can most probably be organized for you at the bar next door (co-owned), where you can still order sushi from Fushin's menu.

Deserves to be number 1 in PE, 100%. Cannot fault it at all.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thank you Fushin, Richmond Hill, for a most pleasant evening. The food was superb, the service efficient and professional and a lovely vibe. My friend and I shared a Tuna Salad and the Fillet in Brandy which we found not only delicious but more than sufficient. Keep up the good work Fushin

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of having a business lunch here. The staff were quick, friendly and efficient.

The owner came over to chat to us and we asked him to serve the Sushi he enjoyed the most. There was not one dish I would have chosen myself and yet every dish was superb.

We were very impressed by the adventurous and intricate Sushi delivered. Apparently the restaurant continually adds new dishes to keep the menu fresh.

This place is an absolute must if you want to do Sushi in Port Elizabeth. Situated on the lively Stanley Street.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

When you go to fusion with your wife or partner, make sure you order items to share because you need to experience as many different flavours as possible! Share Carpaccio, share the Tempura Prawns and the noodles and and and...I will have business in another part of PE, and time my day so that I can fit in lunch or an early dinner before returning home to St Francis Bay. Fusion is as good as any other Asian restaurant in SA. I think the owners must have had a relationship with Willoughby and CO in CT as they are on equal footing - love them both!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was pretty scathing about Fushin in my last review. Since then we have been back frequently both to the Stanley Street restaurant and the street bar at Sunridge. We have not had a repetition of the experience complained about in my previous review. On a recent visit to Cape Town where we dined at a very highly regarded sushi bar, my son remarked that the quality was nowhere near the Godzilla he has at Fushin.
Having consistently experienced the standard we have been used to since my last review, I am vet.y happy to with draw my previous comments and recommend Fushin again

1  Thank tarkastad