“Surrounded by nature”

Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, country dining with an exciting twist. Top quality food and beautiful mountain views. Menu changes seasonally with daily specials on the black board. Vegetables and herbs grown organically right outside. Produce locally and ethically sourced. Striving to be as green as possible through recycling, composting and keeping our carbon footprint as low as possible. Family and well-behaved pet friendly. 25Min drive from PE or Jeffrey's Bay.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Staff was friendly. Service was good. Food was well prepared. Love the way the food was served. Lovely farm atmosphere end very relaxing. Highly Recommended

1  Thank amvjjv
MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Hi there, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is highly appreciated and heart warming to hear such kind words about our restaurant, which we naturally feel very passionate about!

There are newer reviews for Crossways Country Kitchen

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Two and half hours for a one course meal. Not acceptable. Service was very slow and really indifferent. Food was so-so, lamb shank a bit flavourless with a watery so-called jus that had no taste at all. Nice olive mash. Pork belly also just ok. Vegetables spicy to the point of being inedible, but potato wedges ok. Noticed that no vegetarian options, basically just the meat courses without the meat. Homemade lemonade was very nice. Too irritated by bad service to even try to order dessert. Would we go again? Definitely not. Would we recommend it to anyone? Definitely not. Food was equal to a two-star hotel.

MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2014

Dear Joan,

I'm deeply disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience with us.

I sincerely apologise and would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard, as you will see by other reviews on Tripadvisor and other platforms.

We pride ourselves in providing some of the best, freshest and most exciting food in the area.

Had you alerted management to this (either on the day or had given us a call/e-mail the next day) we would most gladly have provided you with a voucher to the equivalent or probably more that what you had spent to apologise and ensure that you could have the experience that we would like all our customers to have. Unfortunately no person or establishment can be perfect all the time, as I'm sure you can understand.

However, such a nasty out lash on a public forum without trying to solve the problem directly with us first, seems very unnecessary, so I am happy to accept the fact that you will not be visiting us again.

Best regards
Mika, Trev & the team

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Lovely relaxed dining in a 'country' restaurant. The menu was quite limited, but I had the lamb shank, which was delightful.
The only problem was the flies. This being on a farm with cattle, it is expected, however more could be done to eradicate the flies from the eating area .

1  Thank FlossPortElizabeth
MJV9, Owner at Crossways Country Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you so much for your review, Floss. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us. We like to refer to our menu as compact, but diverse...but definitely not limited as we always try to cater for everyone's needs. As for the flies, I must say I truly did not notice that there were a lot of flies this past Saturday, but, being on a farm with cattle, it is one thing that cannot be avoided. I did see that the cattle were grazing right across from the restaurant on that day, though. Please be sure that we do everything within our power (without using harmful chemicals or unsightly/foul methods) to keep the flies under control, but some factors (like weather, seasons, where the cattle are grazing etc.) do play a role as to how many flies there are here on a specific day. I hope that I've given some clarity on the situation and that you find it an adequate explanation :) Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2013

What a great place. Fresh food that is brilliantly prepared at acceptable prices. A lovely setting suitable for families with plenty of safe area for the kids to be otuside. Most of what is served is picked fresh from their garden and the quality is beyond reproach. Wine list is good and well prices. Service is enthusiastic and polished. The dishes varya ccording to what is freshly availalble.

1  Thank Sarahthexton

Thank you for the lovely review, Sarah! It gives me deep satisfaction to hear such kind words about something that we have put so much love, hard work and tears into :)

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Been on the road with our 2 1/2 year old son to Addo Elephant Park, so a stop was a nice break.
We ordered from the menu and eat Beet root Beef burger and chicken Liver salat....all fine, my burger was dry and very small and not at all the right size for the price. Chicken liver was great, but we had the feel we over paid. The location is fine, but the service is very slow, even most of the people were served. So we enjoyed the great home made Lemonade.
We from Knysna and very spoiled from IsleDePain, so we thought the developer left a foot print...many things to learn....
Still try again....space for improvement!

Hi Thomas, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your burger as it's one of the favourites on our menu. Unfortunately I cannot say why it was perhaps not up to scratch as I was not notified of it on the day, but had you told us, we would have gladly made you a new one that was up to standard. I also cannot comment on why the service was slow as there could have been a number of factors playing a role in that, but I do apologize. We pride ourselves in always going the extra mile for our customers & providing personal, friendly service. I do hope that you will return so that we may redeem ourselves!