“A great dining experience!”
Review of The Coachman - CLOSED

The Coachman
Cuisines: Central European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We had our faculty dinner recently at The Coachman and I must say that I was quite impressed. The place is cozy, unpretentious and has a very English pub feel to it. The waitresses were very attentive and friendly and I loved the atmosphere of the place. We were ordering from a set menu, so I admit that I didn't expect much, so I was pleasantly impressed with the food. My soup, was not the best, so I ended up eating the my colleague's chicken livers which were in a delicious creamy sauce and also got to sample the oysters which were nice and fresh. The winner for the evening was the lamb chops, soft juicy , well seasoned and just melted in my mouth. If you're in Port Elizabeth, I say don't go for the decor, but go there for the lamb chops!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arrived during a cold night in Port Elizabeth and was met by the warmest hospitality. The service was superb with the owner checking in to make sure our evening was perfect. The lamb shank was recommended and wisely so. It was melt in your mouth good served with veggies.
The decor is warm and inviting and I will be back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been to both venues, but prefer the Coachman in Cape Road. Nice and quiet. Great food and service. Our favourite place.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Without a doubt the best restaurant with the best views in PE. The service is amazing and the food is great. They can sometimes cremate the steaks, but the service and atmosphere make up for the odd mistake.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

As a past citizen born and bred of Port Elizabeth we had a divine meal here in March
Interesting memories of Eastern Province sportsmen and their sport equipment hang from the ceiling There are many pictures of famous film stars and singers from all over the world
Sawdust covers the floor in the dinning area
Great menu Onion rings a must have !
Food was enjoyed by our table and great service from friendly waitron
We also moved into the pub for " one for the road" where there was a one man band singing familiar songs
There again the decor was interesting
A definite for those eating out in Port Elizabeth