“Great improvement!!!”

Garden Court Kings Beach
Ranked #4 of 33 Hotels in Port Elizabeth
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago before the refurbishment and I thought I would be greeted by the same "old school" decor in the rooms.

I was pleasantly surprised by the modern looking reception area but I didn't want to raise my hopes high that the rooms would have gone through the same refurbishment. I did lose hope when I got out of the lift on the floor that I was to stay in. The carpets where the same old ones and the corridor seemed even narrower than than what I remembered.

My room, on the other hand was a pleasant sight to my eyes. The upgrade that it got made it feel like a totally different hotel.

A huge well done to whoever owns this place. I had a beautiful sleep and I really appreciate the friendliness of the staff who were on duty that day. I would definitely be pleased to be booked in here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been give a stinky smoker room. Ongoing disturbing refurbishment works. Not even a bar in the hotel but only automatic distributors.. Old ugly structure. Poor service during breakfast. Not a nice hall.. A slow wifii.. Definetely I don't suggest it..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Sadly disappointed with this hotel. From the less then mediocre breakfast buffet to the loud and obnoxious cleaning staff on our floor. The window tint in the rooms are peeling, the shower leaks, extractor fan non-existent.

The garage and night club just below the hotel attracted drunks and taxi drivers that shouted and screamed for most of the night.

People were performing wheel spins and revving their vehicles which kept us all awake the whole 4 evenings.

To say us, nor any of our family and friends will not be returning unless there is a SERIOUS overhaul, is an understatement.

You can often judge a place by the way international tourists feel and are treated. In this case I was embarrassed that this was one of their SA experiences.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was very tired and did not have enough sleep and wanted some quiet time to really rest and have some good night sleep before the early morning the following day and there was a lot of noise (music) from

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
1  Thank Tshilidzi S
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I had an early check in after long flights and the excellent buffet breakfast was still on. Reception very polite, friendly and helpful. Room on the 10th floor very clean and bright. Super comfortable bed.
Unfortunately I checked out forgetting my jacket. Housekeeping had found it and kindly took it to the Post Office and couriered it back to my home address abroad. Outstanding.
Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 April 2014

First, Receptionists are good and they are welcoming. Room is up to standard but talking of airconditioner, its not good in the sense that, it needs a guest to stand up to switch it on nd off even if you in bed. Garden Court King's Beach is located in a good place. Friendliness with staff is the best

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This doesn't have to be a long review because it doesn't deserve it. Not sure what type of place other reviews have stayed if they give this property any stars. One star in my opinion is a gift. I will give them one compliment. The shower is a rain shower walk in. The staff isn't very effective nor helpful. I could almost overlook everything else if they made up for it in this department. They are overstaffed but under trained. The room smelled like mold, the whistling sound from the wind coming through the window keeps you up all night, the pillows were larger versions of airplane pillows, the sheets were something you would find in prison. I left my breakfast on the table because it just tasted horrible. They put so much oil on the eggs they just tasted weird. The iron they sent up looks like they've used it on rocks and burned my shirt. But hey! I am alive and didn't sleep on the street last night. I don't normally write harsh reviews, but I will avoid this place going forward. The Boardwalk and Blu both seem really nice. Try there unless you enjoy suffering.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank brianparsley
Anastachia D, PA at Garden Court Kings Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Brian

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience caused during your recent stay at the hotel. I can assure you that this is not the service neither our standard. The matter will be addressed to avoid re-ocurring events.

Yours in hospitality