“I love this place!!!❤️👍”
Review of Friendly Stranger

Friendly Stranger
Ranked #21 of 360 Restaurants in Port Elizabeth
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The best best coffee, served by the v best best brother team! I cannot find a better place in Port Elizabeth that understands coffee like the barista's at Friendly Stranger. They know their cakes too! We had super hamburgers. The lamb flat bread was different, not my greatest, but I am very fussy and still enjoyed it though. The confused cake, red velvet, chocolate and carrot cake is scrumptious, baked cheese cake the best ever. I am going to miss my cuppa chinos when we leave Port Elizabeth. It's in a small historic building with a very cosy atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We discovered this gem of a restaurant by accident while looking for another place...let me tell you, I am so happy we did!

Not sure what to expect, we ventured in and what we discovered was a mixture of Alice in Wonderland meets Trendy hipsters...a must visit!

While ordering lunch, we got to see the creation of their "confused cake"...layer of chocolate cake, carrot cake and red velvet cake with a cream cheese icing. After lunch, I just had to sample this creation and boy was I in heaven! This cake is absolutely delicious - each layer is so moist and takes your taste buds on a flavour journey.

Rather small upstairs, but there is a whole bottom sections so don't be fooled if you see there is no space!

Great food, great atmosphere and friendly staff - a hidden gem in a up and coming area in PE. When in PE, look up the Friendly Stranger!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

One of the nicest restaurants in PE. The food was excellent and we could listen to life music. The furniture and the decoration are unique and awesome. Staff was very very nice and utterly caring. Perfect place for a perfect dinner!

1  Thank leandrae88
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Awesome place and a refreshing break from the normal dreary spots. Trendy and vibey with good food. Service and beer offering could be improved.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

awesome homely atmosphere, freshly prepared food & friendly service !

A true gem & certainly a forerunner!