Bluewater Beachfront Guest House
US$91
US$119
US$106
Agoda.com
All reviewsfamily unitindian oceanoverlooking the oceango the extra mileself cateringhome away from homelampbalconybedroompeport
Reviewed 30 January 2014

If you want to experience excellent service, a fantastic location on the beach and magnificent ocean views from the top floor, this is the place for you! Spend 10 nights in peak season in a group of ten!

Room Tip: Spa room on the 1st floor has a magnificent view!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mynieh
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a wonderful 5 night stay in Bluewater Beachfront guest house. The owners, managers as well as the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. The breakfasts were of outstanding quality, with a wide variety everyday - the way in which the breakfast was presented was extraordinary. One could enjoy the meal while listening to music and enjoying the sea view. The decor in the room we stayed in was modern and created a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere, with furniture of good quality proving us with comfortable rest. The daily cleaning service was done with care and without creating any disturbance. Time spend in the pool-area was also relaxing due to the fact that it was in super condition. The management also provided us with information we needed in order to plan our adventure for the holiday. We experienced Bluewater Beachfront guesthouse as something to remember, a place where we would definitely return to and recommend.

Room Tip: Would definitely recommend a room with a sea-view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The people of this guesthouse definitely made our stay here better.The staff were all really friendly and very helpful. The rooms were just average- nothing special, however a few rooms have really beautiful views. I do however think that there may be better options particularly in better areas.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I spent 4 nights here for work. The staff were friendly, the location is good, and the breakfasts very decent. However the rooms and matresses need an upgrade, the lamp was broken, and the quality of the fittings quite poor. The communal geyser located in te roof of my room woke me up in the night. There is noise from dogs in the surrounding properties. I did not return here on my next visit to PE.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I found this guesthouse by luck after a terrible experience at a Guesthouse in Seaview Port Elizabeth. I called late on a Thursday Evening around 11pm and was happy I did. The phone was answered by a friendly gentleman by the name of Harry who was the owner. I explained my situation and he was more than happy to help me. Harry explained the various rooms that he had available, there were not too many to choose from as it was for a Friday evening and he stated they were pretty full. I chose one that was not yet on the website and luckily for me it was not on the site so it had not been booked. Harry stated if it was not so late, he would of said we should come right now so we could have a good night’s rest as I explained my current situation to him. I stated I would look at my various options when I arrived in the morning and choose from what was available and suited my needs. I paid a deposit via his website straight away.

When I arrived at 9am sharp Friday Morning as per our telephone conversation that was the time we agreed to meet. The outer building was stunning and overlooking the ocean. I pressed the gate bell and was let in. I went to the upper office and breakfast was still being served, it looked exceptionally yummy. I was greeted by Nardia who was ever so helpful right from the start. She was expecting me and knew my situation, I was going to look at one or two rooms and make my decision. I looked at the one seaview room, wow what a seaview but it had a double bed only and we needed 2 single beds for mum and me.

She then showed me the room Harry had originally stated I should choose The Joycelyn Family Unit. It was stunning and newly renovated, it was tiled, cool and clean. We had our own balcony and were able to block off the stairs for the dogs to run around and not worry of them getting out. I had a look around to be safe, I loved it, chose that room and went back to the office with Nardia and paid the remaining amount owed. Returned to the car to mum and the woofiies and stated I was happy and we had a clean, spacious comfy place to rest this evening, we drove to the back of the property and unpacked had a cup of coffee and went out for the day to Port Elizabeth which was roughly 10-15km away. The room was spacious and comfortable, but most of all very clean and fresh.

In the morning we went to breakfast and were greeted by Tammy the friendly staff member who took our hot breakfast order. We helped ourselves to some freshly baked goods, cold meats, cheese and fruit salads, cereals all the normal goodies for a cold breakfast. After breakfast we packed up and thanked everyone for their kindness and hospitality. Harry and his staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful for the duration of our stay. I would recommend Bluewater Beachfront Guest House as a choice of stay when in the area.

Room Tip: We chose the Joycelyn Family Unit, Pet Friendly and Private.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family