“Amazing views!”

Storms River Suspension Bridge
More attraction details
Owner description: This picturesque suspension bridge is on one of the shorter hikes of this river gorge.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This bridge is reached by a short trail (about 1km?) from the parking/restaurant area. Being scared of heights I was quite apprehensive but although the bridge does sway I felt totally safe as the rails are both quite high and quite solid. The views from on the bridge are simply stunning - I felt very jealous of the sea kayakers we saw exploring!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you are scared of hights do not do it the bridge does move with people moving on it but once on the view is amazing. Loved it

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is the most beautiful place with the best picture opportunitiesin the eastern Cape, unspoilt beaches. All the walkways are well maintained and worth the walk.

1  Thank Dalfer
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Having just completed the Otter Trail, on our spare day we visited the Storms River Camp and walked the short walk to the suspension bridges. What a credit to good management and efficient care! The wooden walkway is beautifully maintained and the reward is the awesome view on the other side. A truly world class attraction that South Africans can be proud to share with tourists.....

2  Thank SueMcAlpine
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My sisters and I visited Tsitsikamma National Park purely to go and see the suspension bridges, and we were not disappointed!

When you enter the park by car, drive all the way to the end of the road where there is a little carpark and a shop, toilets etc. The views from there are already amazing!

The walk to the bridges is about 20 minutes each way, most of it is easy walking but there are a lot of steps at the end, some travellers might need to take it slow! The views all along the walk are fantastic, sea and cliffs and flowers and dassies.

I would recommend a visit to anyone, even if it is just a quick visit like ours. The log cabins on the beach looked lovely too, I'll be staying over next time I visit!

1  Thank bougar