“Great place to stay in Bloem”
Review of Brebner House

Brebner House
Ranked #65 of 160 Bloemfontein B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Really enjoyed my weekend stay at Brebner House. The room was clean and spacious and the chocolates on the bed were a nice touch. We were really taken care of and the breakfast was fab! Will definately recommend Brebner House to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 August 2013

A very good stay in Bloem. Great value. Good Breakfast. Very comfortable. Hollow core room doors do make the rooms a bit noisy during the day. It was dead quiet at night. Ample easy to access parking was great too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Murray B
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Brebner House is a true home from home. I enjoyed every moment of my stay because of caring, wonderful hosts. The place is safe and convenient for any need. Everything is wonderful at Brebner House. .

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ellouise v, Manager at Brebner House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Good afternoon Thokozani

I hope that you are well!!!

Thank you for your lovely review of Brebner House, it is dearly appreciated!
I would also like to thank you again for the card that you wrote us!

I hope that you and your family would pay us a visit in the future!!!

Enjoy the rest of your day!!!!

Warm regards
Ellouise:)

Reviewed 23 July 2013

the service was absolutely amazing and the place is welcoming, tranquil and very private. they took really good care of us and we(me and my husband) felt at home. we would definitely go there again!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

What an awesome place to be ! Elloise you care too much and your customer service is excellent. I'm looking for other excusse to be there soon so that I can enjoy more than one night is that place. The room I slept was awesome, I will ask for it again.I even wanted to sleep on the floor due to the nice carpet there.

Room Tip: Corner suits are have large rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I stayed here in 2011 for the first time, just after the new owners had bought the place. We booked into the guest house again now and only once I arrived there did I realise it was the same place I had stayed before. I guess that tells you that it did not leave a lasting impression on me the first time. I was pleased to see that the place has undergone some renovations - from good painting to reformatting the kitchen and upgrading the breakfast area. We stayed in Room 2 which needs some TLC - the manageress was aware of this and on the day we left they were starting to repaint the room next door and the plan was to get to room 2 thereafter. There was a damp issue in the bathroom which was otherwise perfectly clean. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds. We used the hydro boil in the breakfast area to make coffee instead of the kettle in the room as it was easier. The staff were all friendly and helpful. My recommendation to them though would be to upgrade from the Ricoffy and to change the aircons for oil heaters which are better to leave on a low setting overnight to keep out the freezing Bloemfontein air. I would stay there again to see how the further renovations improve the place.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Brebner House felt like home away from home for me - all the time that I spent there. Whenever I go to Bloemfontein, by all means that place will be my first choice. The hostess is a wonderful soul and the rooms are spacious and clean. Walking distance to the malls and UFS. Quite serene and memorable too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business