“Great place to stay in Bloem”

Protea Hotel Bloemfontein Willow Lake
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Bloemfontein
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I've stayed at the Protea Willow Lake on two separate occasions and have walked away happy on both occassions. Helpful staff, central location, good facilities INCL WIFI!! LOL. On my last stay I loved the hand written welcome note I found hanging on my lampshade! Keep it up Willow Lake

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GMWillowLake, General Manager at Protea Hotel Bloemfontein Willow Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Analacs

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. Your comments were read and shared in our morning meeting, and the TEAM started their day smiling. At Protea Hotel Willow Lake we strive to exceed all our GUEST’s expectations, and it seems that we are heading in the right direction. Looking forward to welcoming you back at Protea Hotel Willow Lake.

GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I only stayed for one night, but my stay was the best. The welcoming from the front desk, the cleaners, the restaurant staff and the Marketing team is amazing. They make you feel like a president and the rooms are to die for. Keep up the excellent work..

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
GMWillowLake, General Manager at Protea Hotel Bloemfontein Willow Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Motsumi

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay, as this is how all our GUESTS should feel – like a President as you stated it.

I will definitely relay your positive comments onto my TEAM, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again, thank you very much for your positive feedback.

PROTEA HOTEL WILLOW LAKE - BLOEMFONTEIN
Contact nr: 051 4125400
S 29⁰06,720-E 026⁰12,265

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed here for 1 night and was pleasantly surprised with my room. Very clean and nice big modern shower. Everything worked and the check in was fast and efficient. The only down for me was that room service is only until 22:00.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMWillowLake, Manager at Protea Hotel Bloemfontein Willow Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Enigma15

Thank you so much for your kind review on the Protea Hotel Willow Lake. Your comments keep our TEAM motivated to keep on striving for excellence, we appreciate the time taken
to give us your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

________________________________________________________________________
Deputy General Manager
Tel: 051 412 5400

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I always enjoy my stay at Protea Hotel Willow Lake, the decor provides a tranquil environment and I enjoy the rooms, especially the daring open shower! Fits in perfectly!

Image at reception was excellent on check in and very helpful and enthusiastic!

Great job Blanche!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Meryl-Lee V

Thank you for taking time to leave a review of your recent stay at the Protea Hotel Willow Lake!
GUEST feedback is the only way we can truly know if we are meeting our GUEST expectations, your
comments are truly invaluable to us and will be shared with our TEAM, thank you once again.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

________________________________________________________________________
Deputy General Manager
Tel: 051 412 5400

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I slept at the hotel only for one night.

I had a really nice stay. The reception person was very friendly and was very efficient in handling my booking. The room itself was very nice and very comfortable. I must be honest , I slept like a baby, I did not get a chance to explore the TV and other things. The bed was very comfortable and reminded me of my own bed back home. I was alone so taking a shower in an open plan room was not a problem. I think they should have built a wall or something to separate the bedroom from the shower . Even twin bed , rooms have open plan rooms. Some people may not be comfortable to take a shower while their colleague or friend is watching. It comes to the lack of privacy.

The breakfast was just normal. I believe that breakfasts are almost the same in every hotel. The service from the hotel staff was very good , no complaints there.

Nice and clean hotel. I will definitely sleep there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
GMWillowLake, Manager at Protea Hotel Bloemfontein Willow Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Tshepo M

Thank you so much for your valued feedback and rating, they assist us to strive for service excellence!
We are so humbled by your enjoyment of our property and our STAFF, we will ensure our personnel receive your comments.

The Protea Hotel Willow Lake have also noted your views regarding the privacy of our rooms, we do have a curtain in all our Twin/Sharing rooms to
assist with privacy and we hope to have this implemented in all our King rooms in future as well, thank you once again.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to the Protea Hotel Willow Lake soon, please do not hesitate to give us more feedback with your next stay, it has truly been helpful.

Have a wonderful day.

Rooms Division/Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is fine rooms are small but comfortable. However it is noisy you can hear the neighboors.

The location next to the zoo is nice. Also the food is decent and service is friendly. Yet not confincing enough to make it a great hotel.

When you are a protea member you get a lot of benefits that other can not person I travel with is platinum so that is why we are here otherwise i would look around for another hotel. But for a short stay it is no punishment to be here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GMWillowLake, General Manager at Protea Hotel Bloemfontein Willow Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guidoven

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at Protea Hotel Willow Lake – Bloemfontein.

It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay, however not so good to hear that you did not have a GREAT stay as this is what we strive to offer our GUESTS.

I apologize for the noise from the neighbours, we do try and keep the noise levels down in the Hotel, however not always possible.

I hope we can welcome you back in South Africa in the near future, and once again thank you for your feedback.

I Trust the above meets with your approval, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

First and foremost, I would like to praise this hotel for its excellent location to most attractions. I just enjoyed that it's a few minutes walk to Waterfront and Mimosa malls.

The reception is good although very small. I was disappointed by the layout of the rooms, the size of these rooms are small as slum village room. They provide shower only. It's not good to visit this hotel with your family.

At Protea hotels I visited before, as a Prokard member, I do request an early check-in, but to my amazement I was denied that privilege of which was a big turn-off fore me. I arrived at 11H00, they said the room was not ready. I went out and came back around 12H30, still the room was not ready. It seemed as if that didn't care to prioritise for the patron who was already there. I had to wander on the streets until 14H00. I made my mind then that next time I'm in Bloem I will stay at my usual hotel: Protea Hotel Bloemfontein, it is very good.

Coming to the food, the night I was in there, the dinner was not appetizing, even the staff at the kitchen (chefs) were not friendly. I liked the area outside the dining area that you can eat while watching animals walking up and down.

Credits go to the lady who was cleaning the rooms (Mary is the name if am not mistaken), she was so friendly and helped me to see the animals from the windows which helped me to take some few shots. Without her I wouldn't have seen the animals. They charge R45 to enter the Zoo.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the upper floor facing the zoo
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Boo-ngane

Please accept my apologies for your dinner experience. We strive to cater to all request, but this is not always possible.

Our check-in time is 14h00, however if you requested an early arrival this should have been attended to. I will definitely follow up, and deal with the STAFF members that was responsible for this.

Thank you so much for your positive comment regarding Mary (the room attendant), and will most definitely relay your comments to her.

Unfortunately the zoo is the property of the Municipality, and therefore they decide on the entrance fee which we are contracted to charge our GUESTS that do enter the zoo.

Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and your comments will be addressed.

Hope you have a great day further.