“A Hip Hotel”

Aha Bloemfontein Hotel
Aha Bloemfontein Hotel
Ranked #14 of 25 Hotels in Bloemfontein
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at the Urban in May for only one night.

I must be honest for the price I payed for the night , I expected better quality.

It is not a bad hotel. The staff were very friendly and they were very helpful. The disappointment was the bed. It was very hard. I had a really tough night. The room was not bad , but like I said , paying more than R700 a night , I expected more.

The rooms and the corridors needs a bit of refurbishment. It is nice and funky. I did not have their breakfast as I had a conference to attend and that was provided for. From what I saw at the reception , it looked like a simple breakfast just to get you going.

It was not a bad hotel but I do not think I will go back. The service was great but I believe I can get better at that price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tshepo M

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is well situated and offers value for money. Breakfast was good and service from staff was very good and helpful. I will surely stay there again. Please note that there is one flight of stairs and no elevator so make sure to book a ground-floor room if you cannot do stairs. Also no safe in the room and noise can be disturbing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CorneMoll
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed at the Urban in April and found staff to be really helpful and very friendly. There is a great breakfast every morning and a bar in the evening. Mimosa Mall is very close by - we did not have a car so the hotel is ideally located as it's a quick walk to the shopping center.
I would definitely recommend this hotel when staying in Bloemfontein.

The rooms were cleaned fantastically well every day (we were there for a long stay) and reception staff was always on hand to help with queries & questions.
Free wifi in the lobby was a great advantage. Thanks for our fab stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Very satisfied with my week stay.
The buffet breakfast is delicious. The breakfast table is a bit small.
Had to carry my bag up the stairs which is not very nice.
Bed was very comfortable and snugly
Don't like the open closet. Feels very impersonal. No safe.
The rooms are not sound proof. Can easily hear every step and sound outside.
Room is a bit dark. Cannot work at table. Need extra light.

Overall the service is very good.

Keep up the good work and try to improve on some points.

Room Tip: Try to select a ground room as you need to carry your stuff up to the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Werner d
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Arriving in Bloemfontein and not booking into a hotel in advance can sometimes lead to not having a bed to sleep in!

Lucky for me, the Urban had a room available.

Rooms are very small but very modern and neat.

No Safe in the room I stayed in so I had to carry my laptop and all valuables with me when.I went for dinner at the mall up the road.

No restaurant but they do offer a decent budget buffet breakfast.

So for someone who goes on business trips and travel on a tight budget this is a Mini version of some business hotels.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Whoever designed this Hotel layout he/she hasn't got a clue.
There is absolutely no thought process on the noise levels experienced in the rooms. Herewith some of the issues experienced:
i) Rain on a tin roof is noisy guys, believe it or not;
ii) Sound-proofing bedroom windows that overlook a busy intersection is a no-brainer, as you could get no sleep with sirens and traffic noise;
iii) How can you have a vending machine that operates 24/7, albeit a noisy one at that, right outside bedrooms;
iv) The bedrooms and the bar area are in close proximity. A glass door ( again not soundproof) separates them. No sleep before 00:30 is guaranteed;
At the risk of sounding like a moaner, this is not all. The TV is mounted at ceiling level, the toilet seat is loose and the linen and bedding need some serious attention.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Typical chain hotel nothing special . All you need in the rooms. Found it very noisy as on a cross roads with traffic lights. Didn't feel we were made very welcome .We were two ladies one man travelling for 3 weeks so had lots of luggage, the hotel had no lift we where on the second floor. We had to request help with our luggage as it wasn't offered. No help offered on leaving next morning . Wouldn't stay there again .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family