“Good conference hotel”

Kopanong Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Benoni
“Good conference hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at the Kopanong many times in the past ten years, almost invariably for a conference. They do an excellent, affordable job of delivering conferencing services and support. The hotel itself is within reasonable distance of the province's major airport and has a fairly efficient shuttle service. The accommodation is in chalets, each of which has three units - one large and two small. The rooms themselves are a little careworn - one gets the impression that savings are being made on maintenance - but management is swift to fix anything that isn't working. Lovely grounds, good parking, and very friendly and helpful staff. The food is nothing to write home about but is generally perfectly adequate and occasionally excellent. Great value for money overall.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
GMKH, General Manager at Kopanong Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Duncan G

Thank you for your time and comments, your contribution towards our on-going efforts to continuously improve our services and facilities highly appreciated.

We take particular note of your comment on our rooms and glad to mention that many projects have been initiated by us, the new operators of the hotel, including air conditioners, bedroom linen, hairdryers, additional plugs in the rooms and also projects in the public areas to mention but a few.

We look forward to be of service to you again in the near future and to have the opportunity to meet in person

Kindest regards and thank you again for your recognition

Herman Muller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The staff were extremely efficient and helpful. It is not often that you find people who seem to enjoy dealing with customers so it was really great to find people who always smiled and went out of their way to make your stay a very pleasant one.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
GMKH, General Manager at Kopanong Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Valued Guest

A most sincere thank you for recognising our biggest asset – our staff.
Your contribution towards staff morale much appreciated.
Glad you enjoyed your stay and interacting with our staff members

Male, Maldives
Reviewed 24 February 2014

It is the first time in a long while that I have been alloted a room that was reflective of such appaling housekeeping standards.

Firstly the door lock was inoperative and at check in i was assured that it would be attended to by the time i finished the conference. This was at 9 in the morning and by 18h00 it was still not fixed, which meant no access to room or my clothes to get ready for the evening event.

Secondly the shower floor was ao dirty that i made a mental note not ro use it and then there were visible hairs of previous occupants in the shower drain which made me wich I had rather committed to the 100 km drive every day and not actually had spent money for this.

The spider webs were all over the window and the window handle was also broken.

I only have one more night here, but if I ever have to attend a conference here again, ill stay somewhere else or drive daily.

The gentleman that assisted me was friendly and helpful which only causes me to belief that the owners have no interest in the upkeep of their establishment and they either do not provide skills or tools to address these matters.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank deonita
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you sincerely for your feedback and comments.

We apologize sincerely for the shortcomings as with regards to housekeeping standards.

We strive for zero defect and although disappointing situations may arise we must act on these timeously and professionally, and in addition maintain the highest level of services and cleanliness at all times.

Your experience not aligned with our efforts and I can assure you all your comments have been addressed to ensure we do not have a repeat of your experience.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My stay at Kopanong Hotel was ruined by a terrifying experience. An unidentified man entered my room during the late afternoon whilst I was asleep but fortunately fled when I screamed. I reported the incident, but the staff could not explain who the person was or how this man had come to be in possession of the room key card. It seems like presence of "security guards" proved ineffective.Whilst the supervisor/manager did offer to move me to alternate room. I must make note that the receptionist (female) seemed annoyed/put-out at having to allocate a different room to me. In a country with such a high crime rate (i.e. violent crimes) I would have thought that the female staff member might have been a little more accommodating /understanding. So I would suggest that FEMALES TRAVELLING ALONE, THINK HARD BEFORE CONSIDERING THIS HOTEL because I believe that their security is LAX. I didn’t sleep a wink for the rest of my stay there, and the ‘new’ room/”chalet” was so isolated…it didn’t help me to feel safe at all. By the way, the towels were very rough and the a/c made a terrible noise.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank apt2xcel
Dear Valued Guest
Thank you sincerely for your time and sharing your disappointments with us. I can assure you we take all guest comments very seriously and thoroughly investigate feedback with all relevant departments or individuals. Your valuable feedback contribute to improving our product, facilities and service levels.

We strive for zero defect at all times and although disappointing situations may arise we must act on these timeously and professionally. My team and I failed ourselves in not achieving this objective and sincerely apologize.

Following our investigations we are relieved to report that it was indeed one of our housekeeping supervisor that entered your room. Despite his length of service and impeccable record we did address the matter with him and re-enforced our housekeeping procedures on entering a room.

We are very disappointed that you did not experience the norm at Kopanong and sincerely apologizes for your experience.

Benoni, South Africa
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Simply the best, the staff was very professional, non-judgemental about your reasons for staying there, not that they asked.. the venue is beautiful, the rooms make you feel like you are at home, it was a great experience for me and my wife, just getting away from our daily troubles

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank De3pa
Dear Valued Guest
Your valuable feedback contributes to our staff development initiatives and staff motivational levels. We thank you most sincerely for recognising our efforts and delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

We believe our property to be “far enough from everything yet close enough to all” and glad your experience and memories are aligned with our vision.
Your time appreciated and we hope to be of service to you again in the not too distant future.

Lusaka, Zambia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I've stayed here on several occasions attending conferences. The place is vast, the rooms are looking a little bit more tired each time, the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner are always good and staff are friendly. However I would not stay here with my family, although reasonable close to the airport, 20 minute drive, it is far from everywhere else. The conference facilities are very good.

Room Tip: Rooms are in stand-alone villas, try and get one close to the reception / restaurant or you will hav...