“Never had a Bad Meal”

Ranked #22 of 88 Restaurants in Benoni
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We trust you will enjoy your meal with the same satisfaction as the age old Cristovao's Crew did all those years ago when first setting foot on the shores of Africa - Come celebrate in a true Portuguese Way!
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We have been to this restaurant many times, the service, meals and friendliness are excellent. We will, without a doubt, be going back again and have already recommended it to our friends.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

We visit Papa Boa at least twice a month. Great food, great value for money!!! It's a firm favorite of ours definitely the best in the Eastrand!!!

Reviewed 14 July 2013

The food is great, i would say worth the wait! Its very cozy and you feel really welcome when you've been seated, my waitress's name was shereez stunning and very bright young girl, she was friendly and very helpful so are the other waiters. Went back there in january and there best waitress was gone. The service is really good and the food better, they play lovely music and have a very cozy fire place for those cold nights. Keep going you are wonderful :)

1  Thank Gregminsaw
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I try to be fair. Everyone has bad days and since I live close by I tried this place 3 times. I cannot recall when last I had such bad service. Food wasn't worth the wait either. I returned from Europe and just craved a prego roll - thought it was a safe bet at a Portuguese restaurant. It was tough and tasteless. After the 3rd attempt I just wanted to pay and leave. But the bill was wrong. Sigh. How bad can it get? Worst of all; kids loved the play area- but I can't do this service/food again.

PapaBoaManagment, Owner at Papa Boa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor. We do apologize for your experience and we would like to speak to you about this - please contact Jorge on 011-918-4686 or 072 331 2277.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

So my initial review was that this was an outstanding place ... last night... what a disaster ! We took some overseas guests there for a meal, the food took ages to be served and when it eventually came most of the dishes were cold. 4 of the 6 of us had fish. The kingklip thermidore that was on special looked and apparently tasted aweful and as for the sole , it tasted old - definitly not fresh . The people that had the plain beef espatada seemed to be happy, but said they were not sure if the chip oil used was new as it had that old oil taste. How disappointing and a bit embarrassing ! I hope this was just a glich they were experiencing last night and not a sign of things to come.