“Safe landing in Joburg.”

Outlook Lodge Lakefield
Ranked #1 of 42 Benoni B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The lodge was perfect for us, arriving tired, dirty and jet lagged into Tambo airport before a safari. A kind Outlook staff member was there at International arrivals with our name on a printed sign, and he took us the 20 minute or so drive to the lodge in Benoni (a classy suburb of Johannesburg). We were met by Francois, and spent the day relaxing before leaving on safari the next day. The lodge is very nice – large, lovely rooms, beautiful big spotless bathrooms, clean crisp cotton sheets. There is a pleasant garden and a nature reserve about a 10 minute walk away. Francois was also a kind host and a good cook. We had both breakfast and dinner there, and stayed there again on our return. Enthusiastically recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank emmy_7

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This was the best service I have ever received in the world. They went out of their way to help. I would not stay anywhere else. The food was wonderful, we ate breakfast and dinner. I loved the Lodge and the staff.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sejouer A
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The Outlook Lodge was our last night in South Africa & it was a perfect ending for our SA holiday. Grinell was an outstanding hostess who helped us from the minute of our arrival until our departure. Our room was a suite, which accommodated my husband & I and our 23 year old son who was travelling with us. The room was comfy & cozy...the bathroom did not adjoin our room but was easily accessed right across the hallway and was our own private bath. The Outlook Lodge is located in a gated community & has further security to enter the lodge, which made for a very secure & safe venue. I must add that Grinell's cooking skills were also EXCEPTIONAL. The lovely, relaxing dinner & delicious breakfast were also perfect. Thank you for topping off our first visit to SA in such fine style.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank De C
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I chose this place just as a place to rest my first night in South Africa, but I got so much more. The place is lovely, the owner is so helpful, the rooms are big and beautifully decorated. I loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Alison W
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I stayed at the Outlook Lodge for just one night, on my way home after a photo safari in Namibia. I was very happy with the service and staff. The driver that met me at the airport was professional and polite, and the hotel staff were very nice and accommodating. The rooms were large, warm and clean, and the food was excellent. I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Martin B
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Arrived late at night from Atlanta and dog tired. Francois, the manager, could not have been more accommodating. I asked if the Restaurant was open late and he asked what I felt up to eating as he would bring it to my room. Non-plussed, I got a knock at the door 10 minutes hence and was presented with a lovely plate of tender beef strips with steamed vegetables. It was almost two beautiful to eat. This service I would only expect at a 5 star hotel. Breakfast did not disappoint either. Excellent coffee, plenty to eat. Would stay here again in a heart beat. My Dinner was included.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank beetcanner
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Had a lovely stay. Were made to feel very comfortable by Ronelle who went out of her way to ensure we felt at home. Had the best muesli and fruit salad for breakfast that I have ever tasted! Already looking at when we can book again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jdlblr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Benoni
Sunrock Guesthouse
Sleep Eezy B&B
Sleep Eezy B&B
#3 of 42 in Benoni
Lakeview Boutique Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Outlook Lodge Lakefield? Share your experiences!