“Great value & location”

Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Boksburg
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We were only staying for 1 night as a stopover en route to Victoria Falls so wanted something near the airport. From the start the staff were really helpful, allowing us to check in rididulously early and going out of their way to make us welcome. It was unusally cold so trying to keep warm was a bit of a challenge but there is a great log fire in the dining room so we spent lots of time huddled around that. The room was comfortable - ours looked out over the perimeter wall but we still had a terrace with tables & chairs.

When we were there it was extremely quiet so never really saw anyone else. The restaurant was closed for dinner so rather than go out we ordered in pizza from a menu provided by reception - it arrived nearly an hour later and was stone cold (not the hotel's fault) so definitely wouldn't recommend this option. The reception staff let us warm it up in their microvawe so had a warm but very soggy dinner! Had lunch in the hotel restaurant and unfortunately we were extremely disappointed - the only bad meal we've ever had in over 20 visits to South Africa. Maybe it was the chef's day off as breakfast the next day was very good. The staff were all really excellent and should we need a quick stopover again near the airport then this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms have a very nice outlook.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have stayed here frequently for the last year or so, have had guests stay here and have had a conference here.
It is without doubt, the best value for money in the 4 star market.
The staff are wonderful, they really go out of their way to help in any request. The rooms are great, excellent beds and furnishings, nice verandah, good wireless.
The shower is a bit small but has copious amounts of hot water and is not subject to random pressure changes!
The hotel is a good blend between the formality of a hotel and the friendliness / informality of a guest house.
It is is well positioned in a quiet suburb yet only 5 minutes to the airport and has a good shuttle service.
For the price / value there is nothing that comes close.

Room Tip: Halfway down the passage on the garden side is quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bizfish
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My name is Marc and I feel obligated to inform you of Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo where I stayed for 4 nights ...what a delight and outstanding service with amazing rooms which makes you feel you are right at home!!I truely recommend this Hotel to anyone who wishes to experience Luxury and Class!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Marc 1107
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Excellent stay very clean rooms excellent food what a pleasant place to stay home away from home.
Food was top class and and the service was just as great!! Its in a good location near the airport and near the shopping mall.
I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Clinton A
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at Afrique Boutique Hotel, this hotels quality of service is outstanding. I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Robyn O
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at Afrique Boutique hotel for the period 5 March 2012 to 9 March 2012. I booked in on that Monday morning and felt welcome the moment I walked in. It felt just like home. Juanita showed me to my room and I could not believe how clean and perfect everything was. The room was ideal and could not ask for a better place to stay at.
I also made use of the Afri Cab taxi service, where I met the driver Dennis.
He took me to all my business appointments I had through the week and also picked me up from the airport when I arrived and took me to the airport on the last day.
After the flight I was not feeling like driving at all but luckily the hotel was so close to the airport.
Every evening I had dinner at the restaurant (part of the Hotel), and the food was top class.

My stay at Afrique Boutique hotel was hospitality at its best and i would reccomend it to anyone looking for a second HOME to stay at.

Thank you so much Afrique Boutique Hotel and staff.
You will see me soon.

Bernard

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Bernard C
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I stayed at the Afrique Boutique Hotel with my wife and my grown-up daughter during a stop-iver in Johannesburg. We fist wondered where to stay and found the Afrique Boutique Hotel on the internet. It was an ideal choice! Cosy and clean rooms, pleasant service and a nice restaurant - what did we want more?

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Itzi77_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boksburg
Premier Hotel OR Tambo
Birchwood Hotel
#3 of 6 in Boksburg
Holiday Inn Johannesburg Airport
InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport

Been to Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo? Share your experiences!