“A Definite Stay..!!!”

Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Boksburg
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stunning place!! Very comforting, staff always friendly and very helpful..!! Had a problem and it was attended to immediately in a professional but yet very friendly way..!! Would highly recommend it to all and definitely my choice when traveling..!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are pleasant.. Depends if you like your privacy.. But no matter what room you choose you w...
4  Thank KevinT79
abhotel, General Manager at Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Good Day Kevin

Thank you for the beautiful review. Its great having you stay with us every-time you are here from Balito for business. The staff all send their regards. We wish you and POS-control all the best. Henrick's got a new drink for you to try. See you soon.

Regards

There are newer reviews for Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Homely atmosphere & service excellent. Friendly staff with everything and food ready and hot by the time we arrived. The decor is excellent and staff waiting to serve you with everything asked for the

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank Ronel C

Good Day Ronel

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We loved having everyone here. Its absolutely a pleasure doing business with someone that's so professional in all aspects. Blessing for you and your business. See you in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I booked my work collegues and myself at this hotel for a week long stay, all i have gotten is excellent feedback from them. After a long and exhausting day the rooms were so comfortable, counting sheep was not nessecary. The staff were helpful and friendly and went out of thier way to make our stay enjoyable. Food was excellent, on-time and freshly prepared.
We had a 007 themed dinner, what a way to end a fantastic stay! I would recommend this establishement for anyone, business, leisure, functions or conferences.
Once again thank you to the staff for your excellent service !

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the B Block
4  Thank Elize356
abhotel, General Manager at Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Good Day Elize

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We appreciate is so much and it always keeps the staff motivated. We also enjoyed the 007 evening so much, its amazing to have you back for the second year. Its all about the customer and building a personal relationship.

Hope to see you in the near future, that you for supporting us.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Don't be fooled - staff appear to be helpful & friendly but as soon as there is a problem, you see a very different side. I had a function that I had a few 'issues' about but I use the term loosely. I received a mail asking for my feedback and when I gave it, I was told that I was rude, childish and that they were very busy and did not need my business. Turned the whole story around to make it sound like all issues were my doing. Owner even told me that he has too much business to worry about me / my complaints !!! Property really nice but TERRIBLE staff. Would definitely NOT recommend this property unless you are prepared to be personally insulted y the manager and owner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank StaceyL40

Good Day Stacey

We don't even have record of you ever using our services. If you are writing the review on behalf of some-one else or a competitor its against Tripadvisors guidelines. We will not be participating in this negativity and insults.

We wish you many blessings
Afrique Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great little find just a short ride from OR Tambo International Airport. Our double room was well appointed with a huge comfortable bed and modern shower room as good as any 5 star hotel we've ever stayed at. The staff were very friendly. Pity the food wasn't quite up to 5 star standard but we were only paying a portion of 5 star prices. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank 174steved
abhotel, General Manager at Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Good Day Steve

Thank you very much for the lovely review. We hope you enjoyed your trip to South Africa. We are so glad you think our 4star Hotel rates as a 5star. We would love to have you back with us in the near future. May you have safe travels.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We arrived on a Sunday and the following day was a public holiday. We live in Malawi and not used to cities. We were right at home with friendly staff assisting us, even on the Sunday and public holiday. The kitchen closed at 4 pm , being it a Sunday and the next, a public holiday. Our supper was prepared and kept in the fridge for us to consume that evening. The food was excellent and even the starters were big portions. Room service was great and prompt. The staff waited on us hand and foot, log fire burning in the bar, nice Irish coffee as it was freezing outside. The front desk assisted us with places we needed to go, made our bookings, the cab driver was very friendly and prompt.Rooms were clean, warm, comfy. The artwork on the walls are original and heartwarming to admire. Fountains and bird life around was entertaining. Thanks to all staff and Christo, the manager, who made us feel so at home, far away from home. What a pretty haven, oh, and a well maintained pool with loungers for the summer clients. Very private, quiet area. I have nothing to complain about. Special requirements are attended to. Well priced for a wonderful 4 days stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a sunny room where the sun shines on the veranda if booking in the winter. Especially if you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lyn691
abhotel, General Manager at Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Good Day Lynette

Thank you very much for a beautiful review, its truly appreciated. Its keeps the staff so motivated when they receive a review like this. We pride our self on always making guests feel special and attending to special requests.

May you have many safe travels, We all here wish to see you guys in the near future.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I was in Joburg on business and my client booked me into this little gem.

I arrived on a sunday so had to fend for myself but the girls behind the counter helped me with an Indian takeaway which arrived quickly and I helped my self to a beer from behind the bar !!

This is just the type of place I love as it feels like a home from home.

Breakfast was excellent in the british fry up tradition which was a nice surprise but I would have to watch myself over a longer stay for fear of turning into jabba the hut.

When you see the cost of the experience it is amazing how they do it, less that 40 quid a night. You would pay well north of 100 in the UK and not balk at it.

So if you are on business in Boksburg for any reason this is where you should stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks onto the central courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JemThomas
abhotel, General Manager at Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Good Day

Everyone from AB Hotel would just like to thank you for the amazing review, brightens everyone's day. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards and safe travels
Chris

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boksburg
Premier Hotel OR Tambo
Birchwood Hotel
Birchwood Hotel
#3 of 6 in Boksburg
InterContinental Johannesburg OR Tambo Airport

Been to Afrique Boutique Hotel Oliver Tambo? Share your experiences!