“A place where you feel welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 3 Brothers B&B

3 Brothers B&B
3 Brothers B&B
Ranked #17 of 32 Edenvale B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“A place where you feel welcome”
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The 3 Brothers is a family run B&B close to the international airport. The owners make you feel welcome. A pool and jacuzzi in the nice garden are available. I think it's the ideal place for people who don't want to stay in the anonymous atmosphere of a hotel. On my next business trip to Joburg I will stay again at the 3 Brothers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Stockholm, Sverige
Reviewed 2 July 2011

My family primarily visited Mozambique in May 2011, but stayed 3 nights + 3 nights at 3 Brothers since Jo'burg was our final flight destination.

Amazing hospitality from Ernest and Maggie! Clean, comfortable rooms in a pleasant, quiet, residential area. Pool and jacuzzi, bar and pleanty of seating in the garden. The BBQ dinners was a perfect way to socialise and the wine flowed freely. Ask for the potato gratin with the grilled meat, it's delicious/outstanding!

We wanted to do a safari trip too, but didn't have time for a minimum 3 day trip to the Kruger Park. Instead Ernest suggested that we may go to Pilanesberg National Park with him. Pilanesberg is much closer to Jo'burg than Kruger, and you get all the top 5 there also. This whole-day excursion to Pilanesberg was gorgeous, with Ernest acting as a guide and driver.

As a whole, this B&B is a bargain and I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We stayed on two separate occassions at 3 Brothers and both times were excellent. The B&B has a pool and an outside bar, with some good restaurants nearby, making it a nice place to hang out without heading to the centre of town. The rooms themselves are really good - very clean, comfy and spacious - although the Mexican Room does have an uncovered skylight meaning the room is bathed in light from early morning onwards - not great if you are planning a sleep in!

Excellent breakfast each morning and the owners are fantastic - really friendly, knowledgeable and for very reasonable prices Ernest is happy to drive you where you need to go in and around Johannesburg and be your tour guide. Overall one of the best B&Bs I have stayed in - if I am ever in Joburg again, I would definitely return there.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed 19 July 2010

my son and I stayed in the English Room which was furnished with twin beds, a shower alcove, and a toilet alcove. The wash basin was part of the room between the shower and the toilet. The drawers and space for hanging clothing was not accessible as one of the beds obstructed access. The beds shared one night table and inadequate lamp. The remote for the TV did not function, and Ernest, the owner, did not provide a remedy. The faucet for the sink was loose but worked ok. We did not spend much time in the room, partly because it was uncomfortable with our suitcases and everything else on the floor for the five nights we were there. Laundry service was reasonable and very good.
Breakfast was adequate but compared poorly to other inns where we stayed. Ernest and Maggie paid scant attention to the availability of hot water and the poor, reconstituted juice. Tea selection was limited to cheap basic tea bags. There was no fresh fruit other than old apples and maybe a brown banana.
The inn provided adequate dinners with wine at a fairly steep price (US$20). There is a large TV room. Ernest made his laptop available for internet access!

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank OldNick
Exeter, Uk
Reviewed 8 December 2009

Ernest and Maggie are amazing hosts. Good sized individually decorated rooms are all situated around the garden which has an outdoor lapa/bar, plenty of seating, a swimming pool and hot tub. On our first night they cooked a BBQ and the wine flowed freely as we socialised with other guests.
Free transport to and from the airport. In a pleasant, quiet, residential area with secure parking if required.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Wakefield,MA
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I booked this B&B as a one night stopover en route to Durban for the Lions Rugby Tour 2009. I wound up staying a lot longer! I was picked up at the airport by Ernest the owner who was very welcoming and easygoing. At the B&B he introduced me to his wife Maggie and the three brothers-junior,simon and little ruben. The offered me an evening meal that night-and every night thereafter!

Ernest acted like my personal taxi and drove me to local restaurants, shopping centres and to a car hire company when I decided to go to Sun City. He also drove me to Joburg and Pretoria for the test games.

I cannot recommend the B&B highly enough for the hospitality and friendship shown. Nothing was too much trouble and Maggies large breakfasts and evening meals were both a delight and appreciated. The price worked out at $39 per night. While I was a solo traveller I was given a twin room for the duration. I booked for one night and wound up stying almost three weeks!!

There is an 'honesty' bar, a swimming pool, a jacuzzi ,dart board etc. They even have their own mini bar-just what a visiting rugby supporter needs. What was very important for me was free internet just to keep in touch with home, read the Irish newspapers online and e mails.

Thank you guys for looking after me so well

Stayed June 2009