Of course, staying here was about not leaving the airport. Getting to it meant being harassed by no less than three airport "porters" who suddenly stopped their voluntary "guiding" about a hundred feet from the lobby elevator and demanded money. That annoyance out of the way, we stood in line to check in which seemed to take longer than necessary. Pleasant otherwise. The room was of reasonably decent size although the bathroom was designed by an idiot. There is not way you can exit the shower without getting water all over the place. Otherwise, clean and functional. Dinner in the restaurant was bizarre. They offer spirits on the menu but cannot make me a martini. What? Plus, although our service was barely adequate and certainly not friendly, it was much better than the other patrons. Several just got up and left after trying to wave down the wait staff who seemed to have no interest in serving anyone anything. The next morning's breakfast in the same restaurant was a completely different experience. All very nice and nicely done. Nothing to write home about but it got us through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in close proximity to the R24 airport freeway, the hotel is easily accessible to all the main feeder motorways with nearby restaurants and shops. A shuttle bus service is available for the short 10 minute trip to and from the airport at a nominal fee. A fitness room, pool and meeting room are also available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your City Lodge Hotel Johannesburg Airport - Barbara Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Lodge Airport Johannesburg Hotel Edenvale
- City Hotel Edenvale
- City Hotel Airport Johannesburg