“Great food, something different ”
Review of Kong

Kong
Ranked #156 of 1,315 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Kong three times so far and each time was a treat. The contemporary / Asian decor welcomes you, with warm, dappled lighting in the evening. My waiters have always been world class and ready to spring into action at your command.
The menu selection is good, if not overwhelming. I usually steer away from the Jack of all trades approach, but Kong is master of many.
Food and plating is superb. Pricing is a little high, but we'll worth it for exclusivity.
Take a trip to Kong, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We went to Kong restaurant for my wife's birthday. The setting is just stunning and the service even better. The food is delicious. Well done Kong!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My friend and I checked out this place for dinner. We were there at 5:45; that's when we learned no one in South Africa eats until 7pm. The menu is eclectic; I personally only eat fish and hate spicy, which one might think would be difficult to find at this type restaurant. Not the case. I had a delicious piece of fish with lemon cream sauce, and some mashed potatoes on the side. Now, being from the states, the mashed potatoes were not my thing. They were overly starchy and had too much pepper. But the fish was DELICIOUS. My friend had one of their curries, which she also thoroughly enjoyed. Overall, for the price and location, I would say definitely try it out! It has something for everyone.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Took an American guest for dinner, and was pleasantly surprised. I can recommend the Beef Tataki, a spicy beef sashimi. The Angry Duck was hot but really good! Will be back soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We are regular visitors to Kong in Cedar Square as it is, in our opinion, the best Asian restaurant in the north. The atmosphere is great, especially the inside tables, and the booths are our preference each time. The food is great (the Hong Kong Pears are a must) and the service is normally excellent, although every now and then we have a glitch or two, which is understandable.