“Excellent b&b with a warm host!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cotswold Gardens Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Cotswold Gardens Guest House
Ranked #4 of 293 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Excellent b&b with a warm host!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Recent my I spent one night at cotswold cottage. The house is simply gorgeous, very tranquil though homey with a lovely garden. The host, Janine went out of her way to pick me up AND drop me off at the Rosebank station to save me a 1 km walk with heavy suitcases!! The room was lovely, though a little on the hilly side. But she took extra effort to keep the room heated and with an electric blanket. She is truly a wonderful host and I would love to go back to her place once again!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely review. Hope to see you here again in the not too distant future.
Best regards Janine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant experience. Wonderful garden with birds, nice rooms and excellent service from a wonderful host! Nothing was too much trouble and for two foreigners visiting Joburg, we really appreaciated it. Thank you both for making us fell welcome! And thank you for your patience :-) see you soon!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Best regards Janine
south africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently spent almost 2 weeks at CG and had an extremely comfortable stay there. It's in a safe residential area with inside parking - and just a few blocks away from the Rosebank Mall and the Gautrain. Since I was on my own in a strange city, this was all very useful.

I really enjoyed the generous space of the suite - which is very private, away from the main house - yet still close enough to feel a part of the establishment and to enjoy the beauty of the gardens. At the end of my busy day I would come back in the evening to CG to find the room made cosy by underfloor heating - and lights on to welcome me back. These are the touches that make CG a special place.

Although the suite is self-catering I did take the option to have breakfast in the guest-house every day - and what a wonderful start to the day it was! The service given by Aaron and Mathias was excellent. Janine is extremely professional, friendly - without being intrusive - and willing to help in any way possible.

And by the way - I was given a discount for an extended stay - without expecting or asking for it.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the suite - good for a long stay if you like to spread yourself out - loads of cupb...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank immels
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review of CG. I am so pleased we could help make your stay so comfortable during this trying time. All the very best to you, regards Janine.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

This was our second stay. It's perfectly located in the heart of leafy Johannesburg. The gardens are idyllic, the rooms luxurious and homely, filled with creative and quirky art. The breakfasts are delicious. Service is attentive and personal. Nothing is too much trouble. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your lovely review. It was truly great to see you both again and we hope you'll be back soon. Warm regards Janine
Mbabane, Swaziland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Very nice, either for holiday or short term. Close to Gautrain and convenient.
Breakfast was very good and the place is immaculate.
I stayed for 4 weeks and was very comfortable. I had to change rooms so I had the best of 2 different rooms.

Room Tip: Very Very clean and comfortable
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Warm regards Janine
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Staying in Cotswold Gardens is for me a bit coming home to South Africa.
It's an excellent start to visit the city and the country after a long flight from Amsterdam.
I specially love the room with the doors to the garden and the swimming pool.
Every morning the garden is lovely with birds flying around and you can even have your breakfast there.

Janine, Mike and the staff are lovely people who will give you advice and ideas for your stay.
The accommodation is very comfortable and a quiet hideaway in a hectic city.
The location is perfect and you can easily walk to Rosebank Mall.
At Rosebank I love to catch the Gautrain (to Park, Pretoria or the airport) which makes traveling around a pleasure.

For sure I will come back to Cotwold Gardens and Janine and Mike!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Thank you thank you for your wonderful review. I am so pleased that you love to stay at Cotswold Gardens. We look forward to seeing you very soon again. Warm regards.
Maseru, Lesotho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Janine is an excellent and sweet host,you start feeling welcome the moment you make your reservation.
The place is neat and beautiful,the garden is lovely. The staff are friendly and helpful.
Rosebank Mall is a walk away from the hotel and also one feels safe to walk around as the area is all surrounded by security.

I will definitely visit the place again and already recommended it to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Rooms near the entrance are better,you dont need get to disturb other guests when coming in or going...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marorisang, thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review of CG. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future. Warm regards.