“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Cotswold Gardens Guest House
Ranked #9 of 297 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Durban, South Africa
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I spent 6 nights of pure bliss. Cotswold Garden Guest House is situated in a quiet suburb of Saxonwold. It is strategically located, giving you easy access to all major venues in Johannesburg.
I stayed in a beautiful room that looked out into a well manicured garden and soothing pond of fish. The room had floor and wall heating which is a big plus for a Durbanite like me. The room was always neat and clean yet very homey. The breakfast was more than sufficient and always fresh. I will definitely be staying here in my next visit to Johannesburg.

Room Tip: If you can, try and score the room i stayed in ( i think it was room number 4)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a review on Cotswold Gardens. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon. Warm regards Janine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Noosa, Australia
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Set in a leafy suburban region of Northern Johannesburg Cotswold Gardens is complete as the name infers. Behind the perimeter walling white washed masonry buildings complete with terra cotta roof tiles set within ample yet comfortable gardens the guest house is at once a retreat and a homely place to stay.
The interior of the house reflects the age and is a little olde world but don't be fooled as the owner Janine has all the bases covered. Janine's hospitality and attention to details when providing her guests with information and recommendations was invaluable to us, as was the additional interaction with other guests.
The guest house is comfortable and you are encouraged to treat it as your own whilst respecting the other guests.
The art collection throughout is eclectic and interesting. The Wifi a welcome addition to services provided.
The king size bed in room 3 is comfortable as are the amenities.
The breakfast is excellent with Aaron offering a selection of cooked items.
We are heading off to Zimbabwe to stay at the Victoria Falls Hotel before returning to the Cotswold Gardens for the next leg of our adventure.
We will be looking forward to our return to CG equally.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Wow Noel, thank you so much for your in depth review. It is so good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to seeing you both again this week. I hope you are having a wonderful time at Victoria Falls. Regards
Janine
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Always when I go to Joburg, I like to stay at Cotswold Gardens. Clean, comfortable, excelente breakfast, excelente location, very nice staff. Its a B&B with a family touch.... This time Janine helped me out with a game lodge in the Kruger área. What an experience!! She has some wonderful tips on where to go and makes sure you are very well taken care of.
This is my second home!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much Daniel, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us again. I am also so pleased you enjoyed my recommendation to the game park and the lodge. See you again soon. Regards
Janine
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We recently stayed a second time at this great guest house after our first visit last year. Once again, we found everything to be delightful, especially the warm hospitality of host Janine Hobbs. The rooms are comfortable, the staff professional and friendly, the grounds gorgeous and the breakfast delicious. We happily give Cotswold Gardens Guest House our strongest recommendation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Tom thank you so much for another fabulous review. It was so good to see you both again and hope that this visit will be another one of many to come. Warm regards Janine
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Recent my I spent one night at cotswold cottage. The house is simply gorgeous, very tranquil though homey with a lovely garden. The host, Janine went out of her way to pick me up AND drop me off at the Rosebank station to save me a 1 km walk with heavy suitcases!! The room was lovely, though a little on the hilly side. But she took extra effort to keep the room heated and with an electric blanket. She is truly a wonderful host and I would love to go back to her place once again!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely review. Hope to see you here again in the not too distant future.
Best regards Janine
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant experience. Wonderful garden with birds, nice rooms and excellent service from a wonderful host! Nothing was too much trouble and for two foreigners visiting Joburg, we really appreaciated it. Thank you both for making us fell welcome! And thank you for your patience :-) see you soon!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Best regards Janine
south africa
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I recently spent almost 2 weeks at CG and had an extremely comfortable stay there. It's in a safe residential area with inside parking - and just a few blocks away from the Rosebank Mall and the Gautrain. Since I was on my own in a strange city, this was all very useful.

I really enjoyed the generous space of the suite - which is very private, away from the main house - yet still close enough to feel a part of the establishment and to enjoy the beauty of the gardens. At the end of my busy day I would come back in the evening to CG to find the room made cosy by underfloor heating - and lights on to welcome me back. These are the touches that make CG a special place.

Although the suite is self-catering I did take the option to have breakfast in the guest-house every day - and what a wonderful start to the day it was! The service given by Aaron and Mathias was excellent. Janine is extremely professional, friendly - without being intrusive - and willing to help in any way possible.

And by the way - I was given a discount for an extended stay - without expecting or asking for it.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the suite - good for a long stay if you like to spread yourself out - loads of cupb...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank immels
46Cotswold, Owner at Cotswold Gardens Guest House, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review of CG. I am so pleased we could help make your stay so comfortable during this trying time. All the very best to you, regards Janine.