“Nice place in the heart of Soweto”

Lebo's Soweto Backpackers
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Great acoomodation in the heart of Soweto. Guests can experience Soweto and the staff is really friendly as well. The outside area was very nice and the rooms were good as well.
thanks to Lebo and Maria.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Boris B

Reviewed 6 August 2013

We came to Lebo's not knowing what to expect but it was simply divine. It is a beautiful, funky oasis! We were so warmly welcomed and invited to eat a home made traditional South African lunch with the staff. the recreation area had hammocks and look outs in the trees and is wonderful to relax in. Our double room was simple but clean and as we had our own key our valuables were safe. Although some may warn you off Soweto, I as a young girl felt completely safe there and spent the evening on the grass opposite the backpackers playing with young children. The bicycle tour is a must do! It was my highlight of South Africa! I would recommend the four hour tour- the locals invite you into their restaurants, homes and even their local bar while the children chase you down the dirt roads trying to catch a lift on your bicycle.
So welcoming, so special, so safe.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Louise A
Reviewed 2 August 2013

My friends and I decided to have a Soweto experience and spent a weekend at Lebo's Backpackers.
I must admit though that I am more of a hotel girl, than a backpackers type of person, so sleeping at a backpackers was going to be a whole new expirence. When we arrived we were warmly received by the owner, Lebo. The following day we got to meet the staff who were very welcoming, the receptionist, Ntiyso, was friendly and very helpful.
My friends and I went on the bicycle tour, which was amazing, the place also has tuk tuk tour for people who do not prefer riding bicycles. - when we got back from the bicycle tour we ate the local food, which was devine. I must admit that Lebo's Backpackers chamged my mind on Backpacking - because of the high standards they have.

Should you wish to have a real Soweto expirence I highly recommend Lebo's Backpackers - its very clean and homey, home away from home. and it felt like I was at a hotel, the standards are very high. THANK YOU LEBO FOR THE AWESOME EXPIRENCE!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kana1
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed for 3 nights and this was our last stop in SA.trip.

The place was great and safe. We was like to stay at home. The team was friendly and helpful. The home made food was delicious. The room was clean. We joined the Tuk Tuk Tour which was very informative and let us know more about the black's history. .

We tried their public transportation to go outside. It was safe and easy to find.

We recommend to everyone if you want to experience Soweto.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jacqueline C
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Very relaxed vibe. Staff was so friendly and helpful and the home cooked meals (extra cost) were delicious! Don't fear staying in Soweto - people are very friendly all over. The rooms/bathrooms and the hostel in general were spotless. I would recommend to anyone to stay here. Do the bike tour they offer - excellent way to see the township

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kris G
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Im sandra and worked @ lebos for the world cup sesson. it was a VERY pleasant life experience, which i will never forget and would do it over and over again. it was like home from home. meeting defferent people from oll ova the world every day and a bicycle tour made me learn somethings that i didnt even know about my hood SOWETO. le music= excellent,le people=excellent,le invironment=excellent All is EXCELENT. i most definatly recomended to EVERYBODY who wants to have a life time experience on SOWETO. LOVE

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 951sandra_p
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I loved my stay @ Lebo's Soweto Backpackers for many reasons. it is a great place, warm welcome, friendly staff. They supported me a lot to fix my trips in and around Johannesburg.
The food was fantastic. The location is good. You can lean back at different nice and comfortable chill-out areas in the garden like the fire place, where you can meet backpackers, staff and enjoyable people from the neighbourhood. Just listen to the music, talk, dance, play pool, have some drinks or just relax!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the dorm for a week. You share it with some others. Thats been great for me. But you can...