“Homely and Caring”
Review of Life on 3rd

Life on 3rd
Ranked #35 of 298 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returned from Life on 3rd where I spent 2 very comfortable nights on my way home from Cape Town! Beaula and Lydia made my stay very homely and comfortable. Lydia, your suggestion to take the Gautrain to the airport was spot on. Should be proud to know that I remained with R20 after my travels :) Thank you. I'LL BE BACK!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Life on Third is an impeccably run B&B in Johannesburg. The owners are lovely and the rooms are tranquil and well-kept. They were very helpful in arranging day trips and transport. Delicious breakfasts as well. Free wifi, a nice sitting area, and televisions in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

This B&B was a treat! I was made to feel right at home from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. Beula organised taxis for me, she accommodated my early breakfast request, and makes the most divine mushrooms! What a pleasurable stay - thank you.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We (two of my college-aged friends) and I had a great stay at Life on 3rd. We came via bus and had no South African sim card, so we had some struggles finding the cab driver that Life on 3rd had arranged for us, but that obviously wasn't their fault.

That being said, the rooms were clean, fresh and beautiful (although relatively small). Breakfast was DELICIOUS! And the heated blankets were spectacular.

The only thing that made this review a 4 instead of a 5 was one day when we came home, there were construction workers inside our rooms. This was fine (they were hired by the B and B, etc.) but a little unnerving coming into an open room. We also had to shower in a different room, since they were there for over an hour.

All in all, it was a lovely stay and I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend that if you're looking for a comfortable, clean, & conveniently located guesthouse, then Life on 3rd will certainly cater for your needs. The ladies that run the guesthouse are amazing & worth their weight in gold. They made my stay a delight & go out of their way to help you in any way they can.
I loved every minute of my stay, & look forward to staying at Life on 3rd the next time I visit Johannesburg.
Thank you for your wonderful hospitality & professional, positive attitudes.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was exactly what we needed for a quick 2 night stay in Johannesburg. The staff were friendly and welcoming, making us feel like we were at home and the rooms were beautifully decorated. The guesthouse has a modern design which we loved. All in all, we were very pleased with the guesthouse, the staff, and the location to Melville to have some dinner.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We had a very positive experience at Life on 3rd. The room was a bit on the small side, not much space for more than a bed, but it was spotless and made up for it with the nice ensuite bathroom.

Everything was nicely decorated and the breakfast/lounge area was very pleasant.

The staff were great and flexible in meeting our special requests of an early breakfast.

The Melville area itself is great with lots of restaurants and places to go out in the evening. I definitely recommend it and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple