“Amazing Stay at Sandton Lodge Inanda!!!!”

Sandton Lodge Inanda
Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed at Sandton Lodge during a 4-week-business trip to Johannisburg and it really was an amazing stay and we did not miss anything. The rooms are very charming and individual designed in a luxory rustic lodge style. The staff at the hotel is really great and charming and they made us feel home during our business trip. They helped out with all kinds of wishes and were very flexibel. The lodge is like a little family and we definitely were sad, when we left.
We would come back any time we are in Joburg.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at the Sandton Lodge in July 2011 and had a wonderful time there. The entire staff at the hotel was wonderful and very accomodating. The room I stayed in was very nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable. The daily breakfast was excellent and the pastries were made fresh everyday. They even provided dinner/luch for an additional cost at your request.

The hotel is located in a very quiet and peaceful area of Sandton which is about 20-30 minutes away from downtown Joburg. You will need a car to get around if you plan on doing lots of touring. However, The hotel provides shuttle service to and from the airport and other locations but for a charge. For airport travel I would recommend taking the Gautrain (which is very reliable and fast) to/from the airport; and have the hotel pick you up fromt he train stop (which is much cheaper).

Downside to the hotel was the internet service. I found the internet to be rather pricey. But I think this is rather common in South Africa.

Overall I would recommend this place to anyone (especially someone looking for a relaxing place to rest in busy Joburg). It is a lovely and well managed hotel with excellent staff. And I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2011

it wasnt my initial plan to stay in Sandton Lodge, but after so many hotels I have stayed I felt at home in here. I ve spent almost a month and I didnt wanna go back.. The rooms are very well decorated,very comfortable, the hotel location is amazing, 5 min from Sandton Mall, 5 min from Melrose Arch and only couple of minutes from highway.
But the highlight of the hotel is staff, a very lovely couple owns the hotel, they take care of everything... All staff is so friendly, we became friends from the first moment we stepped in. You can have chance to start the day with a great breakfast, and taste delicious food when you come back to the hotel after a long day..

theyhave a huge garden where you can chill out during weekends and take a sip from your coffee..

the lodge is definetly my ultimate adress for my next trip!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2011

What a pleasant surprise to find such a gem in the middle of Johannesburg. The gardens are spectacular and the rooms are stylish and comfortable. It is the attention to detail that makes a difference to your stay at any hotel, and they have gone that extra mile to make it home from home. Breakfast was delicious, with a choice of fresh fruits, cereals and a full cooked breakfast. The staff were attentive and courteous, nothing was too much trouble.

It is situated close to all amenities, Sandton City and Melrose Arch shopping malls are close by with numerous highclass shops and restaurants to chose from. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I travel often and for long periods of time to Johannesburg, South Africa. I do not enjoy hotels, even though my company would pay those amounts. I have been coming to Sandton Lodge in Inanda since 2008, and I love this place. The staff are always friendly, and they treat you like your one of the family. It's a quiet area where birds sing you awake some morning......and some mornings you have the Johannesburg alarm clock, thunder. :)
The rooms of the B&B are huge, comfortable and most have full bathrooms. They have everything you need with the staff always going the extra mile to do the little things that makes one comfortable.

Room Tip: My favourite room at the lodge is room 7.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Bev and Mark made us feel like part of the family. Despite travelling with children, nothing was too much trouble and we were looked after as respected guests.
The location is central to all the attractions we wanted to visit and negotiating our way to each destination was simple. The complex feels secure and the breakfasts were great. Would definitely reccomend,
Michele, Alec and Family

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 March 2011

This place is a real gem. Tranquil, beautiful gardens, stylish rooms and extremely helpful staff, it is a real 4 star B and B. that is with the distinction that the owners are very helpful and supportive, you really feel like it is a home from home. Highly recommended and I will stay again.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business