“Sandton Lodge Inanda” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sandton Lodge Inanda
Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
“Sandton Lodge Inanda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012

I stayed at the lodge in November for 3 nights.Great place to stay while in sandton.Great food and staff are very hospitable.I loved the trees,rooms are spacious and clean.The location is also perfect and very convinient for those who would love to go to Sandton City.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mpumalanga Nelspruit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Sandton Lodge Inanda is peaceful. The family enjoys peaceful surroundings. It's central to everything. It is a pefect location.

Their facilities help in preparing for business meetings. Excellent service, great meals for the entire family!

Room Tip: Family rooms are the best !
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed at this lodge in September for a few days. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, clean and very well maintained. The staff are absolutely amazing and always willing to help and go the extra mile. Breakfast was very good, however do allow an additional 15 minutes, as I found it to be a little slow. Should you not have a car when staying there it does become a little tricky as there are no restaurants in close walking distance.

I shall return.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

Had a three night stay here in Sandton Lodge and found the place to be charming. The reception is warm and friendly and the whole set up is very professionally run. The room I had was a good size and the bed was plenty big enough for me (Kingsize double). Facilities all there, although the bathroom was a bit nondescript. The morning breakfast was a good spread with plenty of choice and the service was excellent from the morning staff.

In terms of location it is in a residential area so it is taxis everywhere (or drive) although you can walk to the local mall and back even at night with no hassle I found. Only a 10mins walk for a decent steak.

However, there were a couple of annoyances. First you have to pay for Wifi which I think should no longer be the case. Most places offer this for free (at least the other two places I have recently stayed in in Africa have) and at this level I think it is appropriate. Also the towels are pretty tiny. I am an average size chap and I found them small, so perhaps go large here. Finally, I wasn't too sure about the sausages at breakfast - for a country famous for its boerewors surely you could do a bit better?

Overall a pleasant place to stay, but with frustrating niggles. Caught between a 4 and a 3 star...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed for over 5 weeks and felt like part of the family. Very nice room and perfect service. Everything was without fault. I felt secure and the guys provided me with a home away from home.... I would stay there again any time...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Stuttgart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We stayed at Sandton Lodge during a 4-week-business trip to Johannisburg and it really was an amazing stay and we did not miss anything. The rooms are very charming and individual designed in a luxory rustic lodge style. The staff at the hotel is really great and charming and they made us feel home during our business trip. They helped out with all kinds of wishes and were very flexibel. The lodge is like a little family and we definitely were sad, when we left.
We would come back any time we are in Joburg.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed at the Sandton Lodge in July 2011 and had a wonderful time there. The entire staff at the hotel was wonderful and very accomodating. The room I stayed in was very nicely decorated and the bed was comfortable. The daily breakfast was excellent and the pastries were made fresh everyday. They even provided dinner/luch for an additional cost at your request.

The hotel is located in a very quiet and peaceful area of Sandton which is about 20-30 minutes away from downtown Joburg. You will need a car to get around if you plan on doing lots of touring. However, The hotel provides shuttle service to and from the airport and other locations but for a charge. For airport travel I would recommend taking the Gautrain (which is very reliable and fast) to/from the airport; and have the hotel pick you up fromt he train stop (which is much cheaper).

Downside to the hotel was the internet service. I found the internet to be rather pricey. But I think this is rather common in South Africa.

Overall I would recommend this place to anyone (especially someone looking for a relaxing place to rest in busy Joburg). It is a lovely and well managed hotel with excellent staff. And I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments
Crowne Plaza Johannesburg - The Rosebank
Sandton Sun
Sandton Sun
#4 of 49 in Sandton

Been to Sandton Lodge Inanda? Share your experiences!