Blu Trea
US$242
Hotels.com
US$375
US$314
The Residence Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$317
Monarch Hotel(Johannesburg)
US$281
US$269
Travelocity
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bgarage doorblack catan amazing hostfriendly cathome away from homespar supermarketbed and breakfastquick accessmilpark hospitalfabulous stayrooms are cleanevery eveninghot breakfastbeautiful decorevery morningminute walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Blu Trea was the first B&B I stayed at in South Africa. I didn't know what to expect. It is located in Melville, an "upmarket" suburb of Johannesburg.

Upon arrival at Blu Trea, I entered into an automatic garage door that opened into the private courtyard space of the property. There was a nice water-feature in the middle that made the place feel very serene from the start. As I walked around toward my room, there was also a patio that could seat quite a few for an outdoors meal. There was also a small pool at the end of the common space.

My room was in a detached structure, sharing a wall with another room. The beds were comfortable and afforded me very good rest. The bathroom featured a unique glass sink basin, which was pretty cool. The room also had a refrigerator with an honesty bar and a desk. Wifi here was also pretty reliable.

The breakfast was made by a lovely woman named Precious. There was also a large variety of cold breakfast options as well. Blu Trea is also located near a Spar (convenient store) and nice restaurants and bars nearby, including Sofiatown (delicious Oxtail Stew).

Natasja, the owner and manager, was exceedingly welcoming and offered great advice on how to spend my free time.

It is certainly a nice getaway (even though I was in Jo'burg for business). We did have to take a taxicab to get to the nearest Gautrain (which is the Sandton stop) in order to get into Jo'burg, but it was fine for our purposes.

Room Tip: Bring slippers for the shower.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AmyCHsieh
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Blu Trea was recommended to me by a friend. Situated in a lovely, trendy area - close to shopping centres and FNB stadium. Very friendly and accommodating owner and staff. The most comfortable bed I have experienced away from home! Excellent breakfast!! Highly recommend. I am so glad I have discovered this gem - I look forward to my next Joburg adventure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqueline v
Reviewed 28 April 2013

They have got a good bed and breakfast it was amazing and i enjoyed every last bit of my stay. Comfortable beds, the location and the service is just remarkable. Not forgetting the internet service they have which is pretty good. Staff is friendly and most helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank WallyJM
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Conveniently located, situated in a quiet environment.The staff is exceptionally warm and flexible to your needs.I did not miss being home at all.Keep up the good work.Have definetly found my Joburg pad.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank TinSab
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My visit to Blu Trea started when i sent an email asking for availability, and the response was nice and friendly. Gave a good impression. Arriving we were greeted welcome, and shown our room. A very nice room, very quiet, large and nice interior. The garden is nice and well kept. The bed is nice and firm. The staff friendly and service oriented. Really happy with my choice to stay at Blu Trea..

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple