“It looks like it's unanimous. I loved Acorns on Eighth, too!”
Review of Acorns on 8th

Acorns on 8th
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Acorns on 8th
Ranked #59 of 297 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Poulsbo, Washington
“It looks like it's unanimous. I loved Acorns on Eighth, too!”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Couldn't have been more pleased.  Spacious, centrally located, more than reasonably priced for all the amenities provided.   Situated in a lovely neighborhood within walking distance of terrific restaurants and having an even lovelier hostess and host. They were wonderful and warm conversationalists who made us feel all the luckier for our serendipitous discovery of this home away from home.

The crazy thing was that we'd been told we probably wouldn't find much in Johannesburg to like.  Clearly the people who had tried to warn us not to have much in the way of expectations hadn't met Pam and Wiggie nor stayed in their wonderful guest house.  Unreservedly recommended.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
del mar, CA
Reviewed 19 April 2012 via mobile

We booked Acorns on the advice of locals, and it exceeded our expectations in every way. Pam and Wiggie were wonderful. They took time to answer our questions and give recommendations. The apartment was spacious and SO comfortable. It's also convenient to the outstanding Local Grill restaurant - walking distance!!! Check Wiggie's website: whyjoburg.com.

Stayed April 2012
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to go to South Africa for the World Cup. As if booking a hotel internationally isn't hard enough, doing it during the world cup became significantly more difficult. Luckily, I came across Acorns on 8th, and loved the idea of staying in a cottage. I contacted Pam, and she was fantastic! Not only was she very kind, but also so knowledgeable and helpful. In the months leading up to our trip I communicated almost weekly with Pam and later, her husband Wiggie. They advised us on safaris to book, car rentals, soccer ticket info, hotels in other cities, etc etc. When we finally arrived in joburg we were not disappointed. Acorns on 8th is gorgeous, clean, and very secure. Also, the hospitality of Pam and Wiggie was truly unparalleled. Wiggie spent hours helping us find the best route to Kruger, and they were both always willing to offer fantastic advice on where to go, eat, and see in town. We felt at home at Acorns. Our experience here added so much to our trip and created many happy memories. We are already planning our next trip back, and we will be right back in that adorable cottage on 8th!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Thanks S and M.
We loved have you stay during such an exciting time, and being able to share our knowledge with your enthusiasm, has left lasting memories for us.
Melbourne
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I stayed with the wonderful Pam and Wiggie several times over a 6 month period, and I couldn't have wished for a better base between my excursions into different African countries. Both the Cottage and the larger Apartment have a sense of luxury about them, but the rate is very reasonable.
The leafy outlook of the Cottage was particularly pleasant, and what a delight to enjoy breakfast on the private terrace. It is compact and well designed so it was easy to relax there for several days at a time when needed. I found it was wonderful to be able to cook for myself between trips where I was eating out for weeks at a time. Having private use of the pool was also fantastic on a warm summer's day.
The Apartment had a more contemporary feel to it. The greater space was appreciated when my daughter stayed with me.
The location of Acorns in Parktown North meant that it was a pleasant walk to Rosebank, but there were also a variety of other shopping strips even closer. I found it easy to be self sufficient on the occasions that I was without a car. The quiet location made relaxation and a great sleep effortless achievements.
Both units were spotlessly clean and serviced daily. I was exceptionally well looked after.
Importantly, and quite uniquely, Pam and Wiggie love Johannesburg and I was delighted to follow their lead and to look at the city with a growing appreciation for its many positive attributes. Thanks to them both I would now happily return to Johannesburg. Their advice also on the neighbouring countries was based on a deep knowledge and I found it to be invaluable. As regular travellers to Botswana, Namibia and Lesotho they have a wealth of pointers for their guests.
I cannot speak too highly of the accommodation and the service provided by Pam and Wiggie, and my sojourns with them are some of my best memories of my African experience.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank desertnsea
Thanks D
It's always exciting for us when we have someone stay who is so keen to discover and explore what we think is a wonderful continent.
Through our travels we've learnt so much, and were really pleased we could share this with you, to help with your travels.
Great being "part" of your adventure, and those enduring memories of you staying with us.
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 6 February 2010

We stayed for almost three weeks while looking for a house to rent for the coming two years which we would live in this exciting city. What a great luck we had to stay with Pam and Wiggie! They helped us so fabulously with the many little and larger questions you have in a place you are new. Always helpful, never obtrusive they are the perfect hosts and proudly South African.
Our little family loved their spotless and spacious flat which is decorated with beautiful crafts from all over Africa. You can see, the owners covered quite a lot of places with their famous Land Rover. Finally, the tranquil garden with the unusual large and pristine pool is a great place to relax from the buzz of the city. All in all a great place to stay!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
Danke schön S and B!
We really enjoyed have you stay, and being able share with you the Johannesburg we know and love.
Memories of your stay will be with us forever.