“Wonderfull Stay”
Review of Kenjara Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Kenjara Lodge
“Wonderfull Stay”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I just want to thank every one at Kenjara Lodge for a wonderfull stay. We enjoyed it very much. The food was outstanding. Compliments to the chef. It was also wonderfull to heard the lions in the background!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 12 December 2013

another thank you for all your assistance and thank you for a wonderful stay.

Firstly i would like to recommend teh Kenjara Lodge to everyone.. its amazing, privacy, excellent service, always on time, friendly staff, great food, beautiful enviroment.

we had an awesome time at Kenjara, and would do it over and over again. all the guests had loved the lodge and want to make bookings for next year, I can guarantee you that you will be seeing us again. 
On Saturday from the time we arrived the service was outstanding, and Patrick- you have done it again YOU ARE AN ASSET TO YOUR COMPANY. Thank you aswell for your patience.

im running out of words now, maybe because nothing can explain what a lovely experience it is to be with you all.

To all who is reading this, if you havent been here- you have to go

Room Tip: rooms near the resturant and bar- you can hear the lions roar Rooms near the Boma- everything is pl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kempton Park, South Africa
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and i booked into kenjara last weekend and felt very wanted with the friendly staff.

We were shown to our room by the owner and found a lovely platter of chocolates with roses and jc.

later on we went down for dinner WOW what a meal the food was so good we could have ordered more. The owner came over to our table to see if everthing was ok and invitied us to have a drink at the bar with them after our meal.
We had so much fun and met lots of nice people.

Later on we went to sleep with the sound of lions and woke up to ths sound of brirds.
We once again had a great meal for breakfast.

This is one of the best places ive stayed at and we be back over again.

we came in as strangers and left as friends.

Room Tip: room 1 is the best
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Pretoria
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Ok when we arrived I have to say I was "scared" of what was coming,as I wasn't really expecting the entrance as it was. We went into reception and checked into our room. When we came in we found the bed decorated with rose pedals in the shape of a heart with champagne glasses in the center. Shortly after we settled in we were surprised by a "waitron" delivering an ice cold bottle of JC Le Roux, fresh strawberries and cream and a variety of chocolates. We went to the restaurant area for some dinner and drinks. The food was AMAZING!! We had great discussions with the friendly manager staying in at the lodge. As the night passed on we were listening to roars of lions in the distance.We had a wonderful peaceful sleep that evening. Next morning we were served a full breakfast and we departed to the sterkfontein caves which is basically around the corner at about a 10-15 min drive. Upon returning we decided to have lunch and some wine. Again the food was spectacular. When night time came we had dinner again, food was really good, we retired to our rooms and spent the night there. In the morning we had a breakfast buffet, and as all good things must come to an end we departed and went to the Rhino and Lion reserve to spend the day their before returning home. I thank all the staff very much for an amazing time and promise to return over and over with friends and family. I also recommend this lodge to anyone wanting to travel into the cradle of human kind. Another thing I have to add, the pricing is really good for the food and drinks!! *****

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden area..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Bat89
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Me and my partner were celebrating our anniversary and took a tour to The Rhino and Lion Reserve WOW it was an experience of a life time I must say, I saw the Lodge being closed to it and I booked online. I was at this place and the service sucks Big times, I regret going there as the rooms are bad when it rains, the leaking is bad it's like we slept outside. I won't go back there or recommend anyone to go. The pictures on their website tells a different story and they are attractive but once you there it feels like you can book somewhere else. This place is not well taken care of, this place is not welcoming. Everything about this place is not on point, from the front desk, to our so called rooms of tragedy and not hot water in the shower, even my room is far more classy than what we saw. The beds makes noise too much noise, not comfortable as well. We didnt even eat dinner at night. This was a bad bad experience we had.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Johannesburg hotels

Ammanford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We'd recently visited S.A. for 18 days and after a lot of travelling we were looking for somewhere nice and quiet to stay - this very pleasant lodge suited us perfectly.

We booked in for 2 nights ( 2/3 Oct' 2013 ) Our room ( 1 ) was spacious and immaculately clean with a large en-suite bathroom complete with huge walk in shower, a very efficient ceiling fan kept us cool at night.

We stayed here on a B&B basis and found the huge breakfasts both tasty & high quality - this was also the case for all the meals we ate here ( Calimari steak was awesome ),indeed all the meals and drinks were very good value for money with no compromise on quality.

All the staff we encountered were polite & nothing was too much trouble ( thank you Patrick )

All in all we would highly recommend this lodge and should we return to S.A. we would certainly return here.

Many thanks to Karen & Jack ( English Owners )

Warm regards.

Mark & Sharon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mark C
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I bought 2 City Slickers vouchers. I phoned the lodge to make a booking, Wally told me that he will book the weekend, but Sarah will call to confirm, because she works half a day. I emailed Sarah telling to please confirm that weekend. I had not heard from Sarah by 9h15 the next day, so I decided to call.....Wally told me that she will be in shortly. At 10h00 I called, Sarah told me to send the vouchers and then she will confirm. Waited until 11h00.....no reply....I called back....Sarah SHOUTED to me "I am busy checking in the International guest and cannot help you...will try and send the confirmation by the end of the day".

Sorry my family and I have travelled INTERNATIONALLY AND LOCALLY......this was the first time that we received this type of treatment.

I contacted City Slickers...... for a full refund.

IF SHE IS SO RUDE OVER THE PHONE.......HOW WOULD GUEST BE TREATED ONCE YOU AT THE LODGE.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank BMW522
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
Forum Homini Hotel
Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa
Kloofzicht Lodge & Spa
#2 of 11 in Muldersdrift
Four Seasons Hotel The Westcliff Johannesburg

Been to Kenjara Lodge? Share your experiences!