“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Chatelat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
Le Chatelat
Ranked #122 of 290 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I could not believe this place when I saw it - it is that beautiful.

We stayed here for 3 days and pretty much loved everything about it. The rooms are huge and very quiet and comfortable. The staff are incredibly sweet and genuinely happy to help you with anything you need. Breakfast is an occasion in itself with a great selection. Get it served outside on the terrace whenever possible :)

I can not recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I travel to SA (from the UK) 4-5 times a year. I have stayed at different places on each of my last three visits.....(Hyatt - perfectly good / Raddison Blu - pretty soul less)...this place kicks them both into the long grass.

I thought I had booked into a hotel at the time I made my booking.......when I arrived (checked in late at 11pm) the place was very quiet, no one around apart from an extremely charming chap called Brendan (one of the managers).

This is not a typical hotel, nor is it a guest house, nor is it a B&B - I am still not sure how to describe it...perhaps 'extremely beautiful boutique residence'.....

This place doesn't have a restaurant as such, however if you are peckish they will knock something up for you and you can sit in the lush gardens in a wicker chair at a table with a crisp whit linen table cloth and enjoy whatever you have asked for.

The staff were wonderful, helpful, intelligent, there when you needed something but never in your way.

My room (no.3 - which I think is a 'normal' room) was enormous, really comfortable bed slept very well.

I won't bang on, suffice to say I will definitely book to stay next time I am in Johannesburg

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jmacb1971
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I've been looking for a place like this in Johannesburg for a long time. It's quiet, clean, comfortable and of a very high standard. A truly peaceful setting with furnishings of the highest quality, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. A far cry from the rather impersonal five star hotels in the surrounding areas, nothing was too much to ask from the impeccably polite staff. They even cooked me a private dinner as I was working late... I look forward to my next stay next week.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Beira
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Le Chatelat is a stunning location, with a warm, friendly location. Staff are an absolute delight, caring, helpful and welcoming. The guest house is gorgeous with lots of space, a variety of lovely places to hang out in the main house and garden, and nothing is too much trouble for the owners and their staff. The food is excellent too. I heartily recommend a stay here

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably lovely but I had a garden suite and it was a delight
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

An absolutely beautiful property, with incredibly gracious hosts. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. It's really like a home away from home-if you are incredibly lucky and can afford a home like this!

The staff are excellent, the family who owns the property live there, and the gardens and house are spectacular. Also in the nicest residential neighborhood in Joburg, so very safe.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah-am I at 200 characters yet? i mean honestly folks what else is there to talk about? The sheets? The coffee was very good too. Oh yes and there was a dog there, very cute, but I forget his name. OK how many words now?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank STripster
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We had our umpteenth round of board meetings at this beautiful establishment, our international colleagues where blown away.
The staff are professional, courteous and helpful. They always go out of their way to accommodate our special requests. This year we requested a spit braai on the morning of our last meeting day and by 6pm all was ready.

Room Tip: We always host our meetings in the Conservatory and have dinners in the Wine Cellar. The formula wor...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank andrew w
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

All staff were excellent - Fraser, Sharon, Deela, MC and Ronald, very nice people. My stay was pleasurable and nothing but good words to say. I look forward to having the Presidential suite sometime. I will be back again.

Best wishes.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Emmers i
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
The Capital Empire
InterContinental Johannesburg Sandton Towers
Michelangelo Hotel
Michelangelo Hotel
#3 of 49 in Sandton

Been to Le Chatelat? Share your experiences!