“Excellent experience ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Genesis All-Suite Hotel
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in Johannesburg
“Excellent experience ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Four days of my stay at Genesis was just like one day because of hospitality and care provided. Staff are responsive and driven by desire to see their guests are satisfied. It was like home ome away from home.
Thank you very much or Asante Sana in my Swahili Language

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mussa A
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive feedback. We hope that we can welcome you back to Genesis Suites in the not too distant future.

Nico Steenkamp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Cape Town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Did not know what to expect. On arrival was warmly welcomed by the staff. The suites are very tastefully furnished and comfortable. Fully equipped kitchen, dinning room, lounge, 2 bedrooms, main bedroom en suite. the main bedroom en- suite is open plan. A real home from home experience. Small gym with the relevant equipment. Even though it is self catering I used the breakfast option. I found the staff slow and felt they needed a little more training. Pick n Pay and woolworths are situated in the shopping centre which is very useful. Would definitely recommend Genesis to families and business people.

Room Tip: Would be best to have rooms not facing George Road.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing Genesis Suites & Conferencing following your recent stay with us. We were delighted to note that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.It will give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites!

Regina, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

From the time I entered I wanted to leave, but had paid upfront for 2 days. I think in an attempt to appear modern, the facility felt very institutionalized (almost prison-like) and very cold. The hallways were dark and there was water all over the tiles so I almost slipped multiple times. The noise carried since there was no carpeting anywhere and the design was quite 'open concept' so it was difficult to sleep past 5 a.m. without earplugs. The free internet in the room was horrible so I spent hours sitting down in the restaurant to do anything I needed to.
I booked this hotel blind, based on the reviews and actually went back to look to see if I had read them wrong. I wouldn't recommend this hotel if you are wanting a nice, comfortable place to stay. The one very good thing I could say is that the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: My room on the first floor was very noisy. I don't know that a different floor would have made...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Carla J
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you for reviewing Genesis Suites & Conferencing following your stay with us.

We very much appreciate reading your comments, as it is only by receiving such information from valued guests, as yourself, that we are better able to see where we stand in certain areas and what improvements we can make.

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The suites were modern, fully furnished and well placed in terms of location. We really had a great stay. My only gripe would be a lack of signage explaining to a guest where to go once they arrive. Took a while to find the correct parking lot and then the hotel reception.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for your positive and constructive feedback.

Bloemfontein, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

The rooms are clean, spacious, and value for money. The walls are not very soundproof though, so you can hear people talking and it would seem close. This was my 3rd time here, and only saw the fitness centre this time around. It's a nice little 'home gym' so that you don't lose track of your workouts. I would like Free Wifi in the rooms as my network signal was quite bad in the room, that would make everything perfect. The balcony is quite nice, only downside is that it's not furnished. The accommodation facilities are pristine, we were disappointed at service during breakfast at Fairmount Grill, the staff are not friendly or helpful at all. Woolworths foods being in the same centre is great, as there are self catering facilities. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This is the 2nd time I got room 19, I think I preferred room 10, on the other side. There's no...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

As from March 2014 we offer free WiFi to all guests staying at Genesis Suites.

It will give us a great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites. Indeed, perhaps when planning your next visit to Johannesburg, you would be kind enough to contact my office directly in order that I can make the necessary arrangements to personally ensure that your stay is a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Attention to detail in the rooms was nice, I loved the personal touch. A bit noisy in the morning if you want to sleep in. Cleaning staff was not very well spoken in English so there was a bit of a communication barrier, but everyone was friendly and helpful. Free wifi in the rooms would have been nice. Overall I enjoyed my stay there. Having the Woolworths and Pick n Pay in the same building was very convenient. And the Jewish bakery across the road (Shula's) is a must for any traveler!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
656Nico, General Manager at Genesis All-Suite Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

It will give us great pleasure to welcome you back to Genesis Suites.

Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have been using The Genesis for over a year on my business trips to SA. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are big and clean. Plenty of shopping facilities in the complex including supermarkets and the rooms are all self catering. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer

Thank you very much for the positive feedback and on-going patronage.

We wish you a great year ahead and look forward to welcoming you back to Genesis Suites.