“Nice relax Breakaway.”

Ranked #15 of 293 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
“Nice relax Breakaway.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would have given them a excellent rating if it was not for the bar / kiosk lack in stock, ciders to be exact. but you can still bring your own drinks which cancels it out, but just wanted to point that out because they are giving that option. Other then that I give it excellent rating, the feel that your in the bush far away from home got my attention and with that feel the beach in the middle witch is so unique to any place or lodge I been to. We loved the room with the wood finish and our room had space. If your looking for a self catering breakaway witch is not bind to eating at specific times which makes your feel like your in boarding school lol .... this is the place for you. We are going back, that is for sure. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have been to Aquanzi for the second time now, the first trip was very nice so when we decided to go for a second time we were not disappointed at all. I really do love that its close to JHB yet you feel miles away, i needed a relaxing weekend to re energise and i wasnt disappointed at all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jphannesburg
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The care and attention to details from all staff was fantastic. Things happened before we even had a chance to ask. The rooms were very comfortable and beautifully appointed. The hidden "game" in the garden brought up surprises throughout the week-end from little dassies to chamelions.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Mtubatuba, South Africa
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was looking for accommodation close by to Kyalami and the staff were very misleading. they assured me that they were very near.
I went to great detail explaining why I need to be near kyalami and be able to make quick trips a few times a day. I confirmed my booking and to my dismay it took over 45 minutes one-way.i thus had NO time at the resort at all as I spent it all in GAUTENG traffic!
The owner lives overseas and could not be reached easily.
I checked out of my extra room only to find that they still billed me another day and were totally unprofessional.
I run a resort and go all out for my guest and this indifferent attitude does not make one welcome AT ALL!
Very disappointed

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Aquanzi, Owner at Aquanzi Lodge, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Saadia,

Naturally, Aquanzi regrets any inconvenience you experienced in travelling between our lodge and Kyalami, which Aquanzi is indeed “close” to. Less certain are Gauteng’s fluctuating traffic volumes, time-related flow patterns, roadwork delays and malfunctioning traffic lights. Together with individual driving styles, these factors can affect perceptions of distance and travel times.

You booked and paid a deposit for a number of rooms. At check-in you suddenly requested to cancel your entire booking. Despite this being contrary to our cancellation policy, we did offer to release you from all your obligations by offering you to stay only the 2 nights covered by your deposit and recommend accommodation elsewhere for the remaining period. You however declined and elected to stay.

We we are delighted that your family and children clearly loved their entire stay on our five-acre country estate with its two swimming pools and ample lawns. They said so on several occasions.

“Unprofessional” is an opinion Aquanzi staff have never before encountered. Professional management and a large staff complement are resident on our secure estate and available 24/7.

Regards
Aquanzi Lodge Management
Johannesburg
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was our first anniversary as a married couple. We enjoyed our stay, friendly and helpful staff, amazing decor etc. Will definitely go back again. Thank you Aquanzi Lodge and Staff for making our Anniversary so special.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

If never imagined that I'd find a place to relax, enjoy nature and so serene right at the doorstep of the city. The bonus is that is pet friendly so my dog, my fiancé and I had a pleasant stay together.

I definitely will be a return. I give Aquanzi a definite thumbs up and a woof from my dog. The rooms were clean, with beautiful decor, the staff were friendly and the service was excellent.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Porschia M
Marina beach
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Spacious, secure and safe country estate with magnificent indigenous flora and birdlife. Luxurious, serviced chalets set comfortably apart from one another featuring exceptionally fine furnishings, linens and towels with tasteful, artistic decor, under-floor heating and wi-fi. Very high standards of cleanliness and attention to detail by trained and attentive staff. Excellent breakfast cuisine in dining room with patio leading on to rolling lawns. The swimming pool and white-sand beach surrounds complement the feel of being in a pristine country environment remote from the urban shopping, restaurant and cinema facilities which, quite remarkably, are a 15-minute drive away. Management is owner-driven by a family who sustain the most exacting standards of German class and client care. Whether the requirement is for a honeymoon, business trip, overnight stay or merely therapeutic chill for a few days, Aquanzi is the premier accommodation choice in Johannesburg.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacques S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
Lanseria Country Estate
#3 of 3 in Hartbeespoort
Shumba Valley Lodge
Shumba Valley Lodge
#54 of 68 in Johannesburg

Been to Aquanzi Lodge? Share your experiences!