Aquanzi Lodge
US$177
  • Pool
US$248
US$218
Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$70
Agoda.com
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$53
  • Restaurant
All reviewshoneymoon suitebig poolself cateringwonderful weekendthe security guardmonte casinoexcellent accommodationwent the extra milebusiness triprondavelfourwaysbontlebreakawayrelaxationcleanlinessbraaigate
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here in December (having stayed here 3 years ago). The rooms and entire complex are clean and tidy although the lighting in the rooms is a bit dark. As other reviewers have also mentioned it is very peaceful even though it is very close to the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I would have given them a excellent rating if it was not for the bar / kiosk lack in stock, ciders to be exact. but you can still bring your own drinks which cancels it out, but just wanted to point that out because they are giving that option. Other then that I give it excellent rating, the feel that your in the bush far away from home got my attention and with that feel the beach in the middle witch is so unique to any place or lodge I been to. We loved the room with the wood finish and our room had space. If your looking for a self catering breakaway witch is not bind to eating at specific times which makes your feel like your in boarding school lol .... this is the place for you. We are going back, that is for sure. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have been to Aquanzi for the second time now, the first trip was very nice so when we decided to go for a second time we were not disappointed at all. I really do love that its close to JHB yet you feel miles away, i needed a relaxing weekend to re energise and i wasnt disappointed at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The care and attention to details from all staff was fantastic. Things happened before we even had a chance to ask. The rooms were very comfortable and beautifully appointed. The hidden "game" in the garden brought up surprises throughout the week-end from little dassies to chamelions.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was looking for accommodation close by to Kyalami and the staff were very misleading. they assured me that they were very near.
I went to great detail explaining why I need to be near kyalami and be able to make quick trips a few times a day. I confirmed my booking and to my dismay it took over 45 minutes one-way.i thus had NO time at the resort at all as I spent it all in GAUTENG traffic!
The owner lives overseas and could not be reached easily.
I checked out of my extra room only to find that they still billed me another day and were totally unprofessional.
I run a resort and go all out for my guest and this indifferent attitude does not make one welcome AT ALL!
Very disappointed

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Aquanzi, Owner at Aquanzi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Dear Saadia,

Naturally, Aquanzi regrets any inconvenience you experienced in travelling between our lodge and Kyalami, which Aquanzi is indeed “close” to. Less certain are Gauteng’s fluctuating traffic volumes, time-related flow patterns, roadwork delays and malfunctioning traffic lights. Together with individual driving styles, these factors can affect perceptions of distance and travel times.

You booked and paid a deposit for a number of rooms. At check-in you suddenly requested to cancel your entire booking. Despite this being contrary to our cancellation policy, we did offer to release you from all your obligations by offering you to stay only the 2 nights covered by your deposit and recommend accommodation elsewhere for the remaining period. You however declined and elected to stay.

We we are delighted that your family and children clearly loved their entire stay on our five-acre country estate with its two swimming pools and ample lawns. They said so on several occasions.

“Unprofessional” is an opinion Aquanzi staff have never before encountered. Professional management and a large staff complement are resident on our secure estate and available 24/7.

Regards