“Watch your visa card”

Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I spent a couple of days in this hotel. First and last time in south africa. I used my visa card only in this hotel during my trip. Two months after my visit, i had some unidentified withdrawal on my bank account coming from south africa. I had to block my card. There is a thief in the reception or accounting team of this hotel! Do not give your card when checking in or change the hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Cyrus M
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

I was distressed to learn that your credit card had been used for purchases not authorised by yourself. Our policy is to ensure data integrity for all our guests and your credit card information is treated with the highest level of confidentiality and cannot be disclosed to a third party. This is the first incident of this nature being reported to our hotel and we will continue to be vigilant and alert to any suspected dishonesty at our hotel. As you have already provided the hotel with the two suspected transactions, our bankers are investigating and should there be any information avaiable, we will forward this on to you.
Many Thanks

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel on Wednesday 23 July.I have been a regular in the hotel for several years and the standard used to be better.There has been so many changes in the staff every time I come there is a new face.The front desk ladies who used to be all smiling are now gone not forgetting the Melissa who was the outstanding member of your staff.When I came to the desk later that night to inquire about my breakfast because I had an early checkout.I was literary ignored by a light and slim lady at your desk who kept talking on a phone laughing aloud you could tell that was not a business call from her countenance and gestures.I had my dinner at the restaurant it was noisy as the waiters kept on giggling and busy with their cellphones.I noticed that these were all new faces I have never seen before.You need to train your staff on their conduct during service time.I was served by a young-man very dark in completion on a green waist coat he was very eloquent and knowledgeable especially with wines as he recommended a lovely glass of Shiraz with my lamb curry.There was no manager to handle some of our complaints at the restaurant.No manager came to me to ask me how I was during my meal and that to me is disappointing as in the past there would always be a manager.The bar still remains my best place though prices are a bit high now.The rooms are very are still lovely ,neat and tidy.Breakfast is superb and a wide choice is available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LeeM1983
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Many thanks for your detailed review of our hotel recently and please accept my sincere apologies for the indifferent service that you received at reception and at dinner. We pride ourselves on our seamless and great service and I thank you for bringing these shortcomings to my attention which will be remedied immediately. Our internal process will be used to remedy the lapse in service and to have us back on track. Thank you for your positve comments regarding our rooms and breakfast and for the five star rating regardlesss of the issues that you expereinced.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here for a work. I would say above average service, and everything works perfectly and is clean, but nothing more than what you'd expect from a Holiday Inn. Scrambled eggs for breakfast were pretty disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Many thanks for your review of our hotel recently and I was pleased to read that you found our hotel functional, clean and that everything was in working order. Thank you for your comments on our breakfast which have been passed on to our chef for rectification. We do hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stay at the hotel for 4 days with my family in 3 separate rooms. Requested adjoining rooms however upon check in was told the were not available but we would be placed closely but still would have preferred adjoining rooms. The buffet breakfast was awesome on had everything you could possibly think of - most importantly the restaurant staff were very accommodating and at tentative. Experienced breakfast lunch and dinner and all were exceptional. Just wish they had specials on the dinner menu. It was close to the train which made it accessible to other areas and there is also an adjoining mall with several restaurants.

Good hotel over all - prices could have been cheaper and adjoining rooms would have been great.

• Stayed: July 2014
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Many thanks for your great review of our hotel during your recent stay and it was pleasing to note that you found everything to your satisfaction, especially the service from our team and meals experienced at the hotel. Our sincere apologies for not being able to accommodate your request for adjoining rooms, which will be noted for future reference. We do hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

After a company awards event, we were booked in at the Holiday Inn. There was nothing spectacular about this hotel... great location, average service, good room... everything that you would expect - average stay

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel recently and I was pleased to note that everything was to your satisfaction. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We made use of the hotel as a sleep over after business award function. Room was ok but little info was communicated by reception desk. They seem to think everybody knows it all. When we came back just before 2300, the bar was de facto closed all ready. Guests wanting to order something was met with a rather hostile attittude. Then, and also the next morning on check out, cash was a serious issue. Location is good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
BillFroh, Manager at Holiday Inn Johannesburg-Rosebank, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Many thanks for your review of our hotel and sincere apologies that you were not informed of the hours of operation of our restaurant and bar area as well as the issue of change on the following morning. Rest assured that these issues will be addressed with the relevant persons to avoid a repeat of the problems. We do hope to be of service to you in the near future.
Generqal Manager

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed in 3 different rooms at the HI over a 2-week period.
Met my minimum requirements of clean, comfortable, safe.
One was top floor corner facing street--so lots of windows and view, but some street noise.
One was sixth floor, I think, facing pool--OK.
One was sixth floor, I think facing pool, near the end or corner--larger than other one on that floor or bed positioned differently, best of the three.
Occasional noise from adjoining pipes or slamming doors, housekeeping starts promptly at 8am, so put out that do not disturb sign.
All the beds were firm foam, harder than I prefer, but I could put the duvet under me as a mattress topper for padding. Refrigerator makes odd occasional noise--took me awhile to identify it.
Occasional misses such as replacing towels by housekeeping, but nothing major. Iron delivered to room did not work.
Two major room problems for business travelers--wifi slow or down as often reported here + no desk lamps--only the recessed ceiling lights you see in the photos, so usefulness depends on fixed desk placement vs. lights, one of the reasons I changed rooms.

Staff was friendly and helpful most of the time.
Breakfast had enough variety that I could choose different items each day although the assortment did not vary much.
Everything worked in the exercise room.

Friends found second floor lobby confusing to find when they were picking me up. Once I got used to the place I would tell anyone meeting me that I would wait downstairs.

Remember to ask for unlimited internet if you are a loyalty club member.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Metwo3

Thank you for your comprehensive review of our hotel and in particular of our different rooms and room types in the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the areas where we have let you down and rest assured that we will attend to the minor issues that occured during your stay. Thank you for your positive comments realting to our team at the hotel. We do hope to be of service to you in the future.