“Nice Family Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 295 Johannesburg B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice Family Hotel”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I have stay here for 6 nights. It is an amazing little hotel operated by a local family. You can expect a warm family, informal type of services. It has about 40+ individual single level, nicely decorated rooms.
Staff here are exceptionally friendly, mostly are long service employees that have been working there even before the family covered it into the hotel. Ben, the driver told me he have been driving the GM to amd frp, school when he was a young boy.
In the past 3 months, I have been visiting more than a dozon countries and checking into more than a dozen of 4 - 5 stars international hotels. This is the first time that I checked out from the hotel with a sadness that I am leaving them.

They provide free shuttle service to nearby offices using either the Van or the Benz from the family and you just need to call them again when you are ready to go back to the hotel. Free shuttle service also available to nearest shopping complex in Nicole William Drive. However, it will be charged service to further location like the Fourways Malls or Sandon City.

Free breakfast is of reasonable quality and is comparable to any similar class International hotels. They have a special themed dinner on one evening (I think it was Wed), and should you have any need, just ask the staff and they will try their best to help you.

Areas of improvement could be more consistent service level (what can you expect from a small hotel?). I experienced an exceptionally well prepared steak on Sat. night (pleasantly surprise as I did not expect it from a small hotel) but a terribly overcooked steak on subsequent Thursday night.
Similarly, I have waited for almost 45 mins one night as some guests arrived late from their flight but otherwise, it is timely service for all the rest of my stay.

Since this hotel caters primary to the business peoples around the area, a Safe Box in the hotel room and a reliable WiFi connection will certainly make the stay more complete ( I stayed in Room 26, not too sure about other rooms).

To enjoy your stay here, you need to be relaxed and immersed into the warm and friendly environment. This will more than compensate the lack of formal, procedural routine that we get so used to in some international hotel chains.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Simon L, Front Office Manager at Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Mr Han

Thank you for your feedback, we are very grateful for your kind words.

We are sorry for the inconsistent level of service that you received in terms of our food in the restaurant. We have addressed the matter with the Executive Chef regarding the consistency of our food and we trust that it will not happen again during your next stay.

Also we do apologize for the time that you had to wait for the airport transfer, that was quite inexcusable.

We are in the process in spending our CAPEX to add more safes in our rooms. We hope to accomplish this by the middle of 2014.

We hope to be able to host you again in the near future.

Thank you.

Regards

Simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 December 2013

There is not much too complain about my stay at the Little Tuscany hotel.
I borrowed an adapter that happened to have a blown fuse=> they replaced it. My room had some issues with electrical power => I got another room which was just as nice !!
Only one "complaint" : I only managed to get one of three sport channels on my big tv set.
To sum up : Excellent facilities, great food, very helpful staff, complementary shuttle service. I hope to come back to Little Tuscany soon !!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir

Thank you for your feedback.

We are looking into the getting more channels on our TV bouquet and we hope to be able to implement this soon.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in Nov 2013. We were impressed and suprised by the quality of the accommodation at such a reasonable price. It is in a quiet suburban area north of Johannesburg, but does really create a Tuscan setting. Superb dining room opening onto the gardens, large well apportioned rooms and staff who were invariably helpful. A minibus service to take you down town, driven by the delightful Ben, ... It's hard to know what could be improved!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Sir

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate the positive feedback. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Thank you.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This place was a pleasant surprise that was booked for me by a client. The arrival was swift and professional. The forms with my personal details was mainly completed by the time I had arrived. The service from my car was excellent yet understated and the staff are warm and friendly. I also felt very secure by the extensive security arrangements on the premises. The room was tastefully decorated and the surfaces are great for people with allergies. Clean working bathroom was the cherry on top. Tip for travelers is to arrive early to enjoy the neat garden. The location is also central to both OR Tambo and Lanseria airports.

Room Tip: Arrive early to enjoy the garden.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank GrantH490
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights. Staff is very helpful, polite, nice and welcoming. Food served is also good. Overall a recommended place to stay when in Johannesburg. Only downside I see is commute to places if you have to see Johannesburg.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Randburg, South Africa
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Were we greeted by warm smiles and friendly service. The honeymoon sweet was amazing and the facility is one we are going to recommend all couples we come in contact with. The morning breakfasts and suppers were amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Simon L, Front Office Manager at Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Barry

Thank you for you kind words. We are pleased to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us.

Have a great weekend ahead!

Simon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johannesburg
The Syrene Boutique Hotel
The Oasis Boutique Hotel
Sandton Sun
Sandton Sun
#4 of 47 in Sandton

Been to Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!