“Excellent conference venue”
Review of Thaba Eco Hotel

Thaba Eco Hotel
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Johannesburg
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We attended a corporate workshop over a 3 day period as day guests. The entire set up and organization is brilliant. The two sets of security entry points is awesome. The ambiance, views and setup is really awesome. The service is outstanding all round. The place is immaculately clean and everyone is on hand ever ready and willing to assist. The meals are fantastic. Appreciative tranquil set up . A brilliant worthwhile thoroughly enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Taryn H, Resevations Manager at Thaba Eco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

We at Thaba Eco Hotel are truly blessed to have the wonderful surroundings that we find ourselves in. We aim to exceed our guests’ expectations and are really pleased that we have achieved this during your three-day stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The place is BEAUTIFUL indoor and outdoor. I just fell in love with it the minute I got to the gate. The staff are very friendly, rooms are clean. It's a good place to unwind. Thanks to the hotel and destiny magazine for the wonderful gift, me and my partner are having a great time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Taryn H, Reservations Manager at Thaba Eco Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are glad that the hotel rooms were clean and that the staff were friendly. It is also great to hear that you were able to unwind and relax. We look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you were to be blindfolded and airlifted into this place, you would guess you were in Limpopo or a luxurious Botswana game lodge and not near a bustling metropolis. Great rooms and friendly reception. If there were any changes I would make it would be in the training of the front restaurant staff (any waiter or person by the door). Fortunately, I have been informed that my restaurant comments left on the hotel's website are being acted upon. Otherwise, the internal waiters, lion park (more so the gentleman who showed us the lions) and cleaning staff were up to point.

Room Tip: Top floors have great views. Visit the cute cubs before you leave!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

WOW thank you Mtimkulu for all the positive feedback that you have given us in your review. We are truly blessed at Thaba Eco Hotel to have the beautiful natural surrounding that we have. We have as suggested in your review started retraining the front office staff at the restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon so that you can experience this improvement

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was down in Soweto with some colleagues on a business trip from the UK last week and this was the hotel that we had been provided with for 11 nights. It is absolutely stunning. It is in the middle of South Africa's stunning mountain scenery away from the hustle and bustle of the built up areas. We would return from a hard days work in the heart of busy Soweto to this lovely, peaceful accommodation. The rooms were brilliant, lots of space and plenty of treats such as nibbles and drinks in the mini bar that were constantly replenished. The rooms were also cleaned every day to a top notch standard. The food an drink in the restaurant was also excellent; we planned to eat out a few times during our stay but after a lovely meal the first night, we stayed in most nights! The staff were very friendly, and always on hand to help with any issues we had. For example, one day we had to be away before 7am (the start of breakfast) and they had very kindly packed us a breakfast each to take away with us..the little things! The hotel also has a lion cub enclosure which we visited (to the envy of my friends back home!) All of the rooms have free wifi which was an absolute god send for myself to send emails and check my social media. The hotel seems to be the perfect venue for a wedding as it has a church and a huge marquee on site. My time in South Africa was incredible. But I must say that my stay at this hotel definitely made it that little bit better. An absolutely wonderful place. I would recommend it to absolutely anyone; whether you are on business, on holiday or getting married there, it is for you! There is a chance that my work will bring myself and my colleagues back to Soweto in the future, so I will be asking if we can stay here again. Thanks for a wonderful stay! :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you Sammie for the AWESOME review. We are truly pleased that as international travellers we met you and your colleagues’ expectations. We aim at Thaba Eco Hotel to have our guests leave with unforgettable memories. We look forward to welcoming you back again as soon as you have the chance to travel to our wonderful country.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Much I stayed on my company's bill I really need to be back with my wife to share the cool atmosphere of this great place. Everything seems detailed. Had once in a life experience with Cubs. To borrow from Anold I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

WOW thank you DWA5507 for the feedback on the experience and service you received while staying at Thaba Eco Hotel with your company. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back to experience our awesome service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I took my mother in law there for her birthday weekend. She can't keep talking about how amazing everything was. From the food at the restaurant, her room was worth the price. . Loved the bathroom, amazing view of the mountains .. The spa treatment. The friendly stuff at reception. It was lovely

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We are excited to know that your mom cannot stop taking about her birthday weekend. We are glad that the staff, food and the rooms made her day a special and memorable one.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband and I had a couples massage at the Sinzinani Spa at Thaba Ya Batswana. It was tranquil and relaxing experience. If you're looking for a place to get away from the bustling city of Johannesburg and feel like you're in the bush, then this is the place for you. My only complaint is that you could hear the staff sitting outside chatting, while we were in our massage. I'd suggest they ask the staff to sit further away from the massage cabins during their breaks. After your massage, go over to the restaurant for a cocktail. Enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank balletrfs17

Thank you balletrfs for your review on the Sinzinani Day Spa. We are glad that you and your hubby enjoyed your massage as well as the cocktail you enjoyed at the Kraal Kombuis restaurant.