“Perfect private Jo'burg tour”
Review of Ekala Eco Tours

Ekala Eco Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Johannesburg and surrounding area tours, specifically designed to offer choice and flexibility to suit your personal preferences and available time. Private Day Tours covering historical, cultural and wild life safaris. Allow us to share with you our love and knowledge of South Africa and leave you with a greater understanding of our unique environment, history and culture. All the ingredients for an amazing and informative tour for those looking for excellent service and something different.
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Go anywhere else for Jo'burg tours and beyond. You are treated like family when choosing Ekala. Safely discover Jo'burg history and best attractions.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Janet was a great tour guide who had a amazing wealth of knowledge of Johannesburg. Before the tour I had stayed confined to the boundaries of my hotel and Monte Casino, this tour really brought South Africa to life for me.

I toured Johannesburg City/Soweto/Apartheid Museum on a 8 hour tour, we visited so many places I never anticipated that there was so much to see!!

Thanks Janet for helping to make my visit to South Africa magical and memorable!

2  Thank thamim
Reviewed 13 August 2011

It was my first time in Jo'burg, but being there for business, I needed flexible tours to fit around my particular needs. I had inquired with a few other tour companies, but they hadn't been able to provide anything tailored for me... And then, Ekala to the rescue!

I ended up taking two tours with Janet (the first a specifically designed 'overview' of Jo'burg for when I arrived, and the second a fantastic trip to Pilanesburg game reserve). I'm not sure how many positives I can fit into one review, but suffice to say - I came away with knowledge and appreciation of all the social, political, economic and natural facets of Jo'burg, whilst being completely looked after too. If you didn't know what 'ubuntu' was before, you will understand after touring with Ekala...

Thanks again to Janet, and a special thanks to Linda as well, for being the all-seeing-eyes on that amazing trip to Pilanesburg!

4  Thank Fiona L
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I was travelling from Buenos Aires to Dakar and had a 13 hours stopover at Johannesburg. I decided to look for a tour guide to show me around the city. After googling a bit and reading some forums I came across with the guys at Ekala.
I emailed them and Malcom wrote back with some alternatives for the day tour. I decided to do the full tour, visiting the Lion Park, Constitution Hill, Apartheid Museum, Soweto, Johannesburg and Top of Africa.
Malcom was right there waiting for me at the airport when I got there. As soon as we met, we jumped on the van and started driving around the city.
It was really interesting to hear what he had to tell me about the city and the country, both the history and the current situation. He left no questions unanswered.
In the end, he dropped me at the airport and I continued with my itinerary.
I would definitely recommend taking a tour with Ekala.
I'm looking forward to returning to South Africa and doing a Kruger Park tour with Malcom.

1  Thank RoYAl8182
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I spent a day with my teenage son touring Joburg with Malcolm of Ekala back in July. Malcolm was flexible to collect us from the airport early morning and drop-off at the rail station late afternoon. Unfortunately I made an error with days/dates and he was expecting us the day before so he wasted several hours at the airport before realising the error; sorry Malcolm! Thanks for the tour Malcolm: it gave us an excellent intro not just to Joburg but to SA history and culture too and enabled us to get much more from the rest of our 3 week+ visit to SA. Next time we will try to stay at your lodge too!