Leighwood Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clico Boutique Hotel(Johannesburg)
View Hotel
The Capital on Bath(Johannesburg)
54 on Bath(Johannesburg)
Ten Bompas(Dunkeld West)
Monarch Hotel(Johannesburg)
  • Pool
All reviewsb bdelicious breakfastcharming hostshome from homethe perfect place to staygoing the extra milelarge rooman absolute pleasureguest housevisit johannesburgbusiness tripthe ground floorrestaurants and shopswalking distanceexcellent staytwo nightsattention to detail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I arrived in Joburg for a week long business trip. When I received my luggage at the airport it was drenched in what appeared to be red wine. (Why someone would put red wine in their check-in luggage is beyond me). None the less it was all over my clothes and my suitcase was drenched. Mel, the care taker at Leighwood Lodge, arranged for my clothes to be cleaned and the staff washed my suitcase for me. When I arrived back at the guest house after the first day, my clothes were hanging in my room...cleaned! My suitcase was also good as new. I cannot express how grateful I am. They went out of their way to help me.
The rooms are very spacious and modern. The friendliness of the staff is magnetic and I will recommend Leighwood to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I recently needed to be in Johannesburg over a weekend. We booked Leighwood Lodge and at the last minute had to cancel and reschedule for another date and then add additional days. Each request was dealt with calmly, efficiently and with good grace. And it didn't disappoint. Management and staff were friendly, efficient and approachable. A spacious room and bathroom, mini bar and tea making facilities, safe,complimentary Wifi, well cooked breakfasts and a pretty neighbourhood very close to some excellent restaurants made this an all-round very relaxing experience in what can sometimes be a very stressful city! And their three for the price of two weekend special is a good one! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I have stayed here on two occasions now and it really is one of the most pleasant places to stay in Jo'burg. The rooms are extremely spacious, sumptuously appointed and well equipped (with real coffee/cafetiere, a selection of tea and decent rusks/biscuits). Free wifi is a bonus. The gardens are beautiful and the breakfast room delightful. The owners and staff go out of their way to offer personal service and are very attentive. Well located as well and at least 30-50% cheaper than a comparable chain hotel. Highly recommended. Only negative is availability of rooms -very often it's fully booked. Plan your trip in advance!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

The owners and staff go out of their way to make you feel at home ... ranging from the breakfast choices to ensuring there is fresh milk and rusks in every room. I've been a frequent visitor for the past two years and always look forward to my stay at Leighwood.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed here for both business and leisure. The staff are friendly and attentive (with a smile). My room was large, clean and comfortable, the bathroom was huge with a spacious shower and separate bath. The room included a tv, mini bar (reasonable rates) and a desk to work at. There was also free wifi and a laundry service.

The grounds are lovely, very green and a pool if you want to have a swim.

Breakfast was included in my rate and was served in the main building living room. In my room were menus which I simply filled out the night before and left in a basket in the hall. The food was great and when asked, the cook would provide items not on the menu - if the ingredients were there.

The owners - a married couple - make this place a little unique in my opinion. They are both incredibly friendly and like a chat. During my stay, myself and other guests were invited to dinner on a number of occasions which was enjoyable and very relaxed. If I wanted to keep to myself I was left alone and when I felt like company I was welcomed into their home.

My only negative would be that dinner is not provided for (unless you eat with the owners) however, with that being said the surrounding area is lovely and filled with stylish bars and restaurants so I was never stuck for choice.

In summary, the Leighwood Lodge provides excellent accommodation and even better service at a very reasonable price- I feel they could charge more if they wanted to.

Stayed: November 2012