“Horrible awful disgusting experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Gate Guest House
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Rude receptionist and TV blaring away full blast at reception ALL THE TIME. When one walks into the establishment it smells like a Chinese restaurant kitchen. This smell carries you all the way through to your room. In the room, carpets and chairs are grimy. Check both pillows and find several long black hairs - as if someone already lives in your room. Pull back the bedding and see stains and dirt. Receptionist rude and incompetent. I left after 20 minutes of arrival even although I had paid for two nights in advance. It was just unbearable. When I left, receptionist did not even stop talking on the phone. She just watched me walk past her desk with my luggage. Then she leaves me stuck in front of gate. So I go back inside and ask to open the gate which she does while I am standing there. Then I get to my car and the gate is closing again. So I go back inside at which point she starts shouting at me.

Room Tip: Awful disgusting dirty place.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank webew

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I don't know in good conscience you can advertise this place. It was disgusting. Late check in, stuck outside the gate, and worse of all was the noise made by the manager herself and the rest of the staff right outside the room. I didn't even stay the second night as the accommodation not that they even noticed or called to see why I didn't come back. I will tell everyone I know NEVER to stay there!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gillian H
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Thank you - I enjoyed my stay. I had more than enough space to work and could complete the work I set out to do without being bogged down with to little working space. Parking was easy to use and breakfast was excellent. All in all good value for money! Will be visiting again one of these days.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave F
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The service was wow and what I liked the most about the place is the fact that there is privacy. And waking up having someone to offer you with breakfast was a bonus on its own. Really wished I'd stayed a liitle longer but there's always a next time after all.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple