“Quality and Creativity Encapsulated.”
Review of Cube Tasting Kitchen - MOVED

Cube Tasting Kitchen
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

After a slow start by the waiters forgetting to pair the first 2 courses on time, we enjoyed yet another exceptional evening at Cube. Worth every cent and more. I was a bit concerned as I was entertaining 4 vegetarians in our party of 10, however the chefs really came to the party. All meals (normal and veg) were exceptional. Keep up the good work Dario and Team.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We only had one night in Joberg due to a long layover during our travels. Having arrived here after two international flights I thought we should go someplace nice to celebrate the start of our trip. Upon our arrival to Joberg that morning, we were exhausted. I thought maybe I should call and cancel the reservation, but I am so glad we didn't. We stopped near our hotel and bought a bottle of wine to bring. We used the driver at our hotel for a ride from (and back to) Sandton. This dinner was worth the trouble.

Great servers/staff, great chefs. They explained what everything was, and for the most part it was delicious. Of ten courses we only felt one was a bust (salmon ice cream just doesn't float my board.) The rest were from pretty good to absoltely amazing. The seafood sampler course, the smoked duck course, the springbok course, and every dessert were particularly noteworthy.

I had heard they didn't even serve coffee/tea with dessert, but they've rectified that and have a very wonderful espresso machine and good tea selection.

We felt bad as we sort of had to rush out at 10:30 to catch our scheduled ride back to Sandton. But it was about perfect timing. Note the dinner does take hours, but you leave full! After the duck course (the final entre course) they came around with a platter of extra duck in case anyone was still hungary though at this point we were completely stuffed, and hadn't even had dessert yet,

We felt the price for the service and the number of intricate courses was very fair clocking in around $60 US per person.

1  Thank hdempsey
Reviewed 11 July 2014

For some reason I would not go back. Not because the food was bad, it was actually above average. But (my personal experience) because the environment was not too “sexy” it really became about the food only, so the tasting became more of a chore rather than a pleasant experience.
My Sambo says a tasting menu in La Colombe is a far more relaxed experience.
I definitely would recommend Cube, at least, just once. But make sure you book waaaayyyy in advance. I booked in Jan (Whilst they were closed) for Feb 28th!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed everything about the evening. Service was great and the food was a dream. We'll go back anytime.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Frankly I'm amazed that no Joburgers I've met have heard of Cube. They ought to.

A 14 course tasting menu, as Joburgers love to say " to die for". Clever combinations, great variety, most sensuous tastes and calm and friendly service all combined to make this a truly memorable meal. Both our dietary requirements - my companion is a vegetarian and I do not eat pig - were efficiently catered for. And the icing on the cake is that the restaurant is not licensed, so you can bring your own alcohol without charge.

A wonderful wonderful experience. You must go!