“Top Notch”

Restaurante Parreirinha
Ranked #23 of 1,231 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Run by the Da Cunha Family.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great atmosphere and superb steak!

Only disappointment was the soup, I ordered the soup of the day, which was supposedly vegetable, but it was actually pasta (and I'm no pasta fan), but I'll certainly be back!

There are newer reviews for Restaurante Parreirinha

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have visited Parreirinha over many many years. The experience is just special and takes one back to the an authentic Portuguese lunch experience.

This is great value for money .

We enjoyed the platter starter followed by peri peri flatly. Be warned about the " stuff in the little bottle"

I will be back.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The fillet of steak that I ordered was pure perfection. The atmosphere adds lots of character and the service was very good. Ordering a salad for the table is a must. It is a very nice restaurant without being pretentious and I am glad we went with locals otherwise we would never have been able to experience such a wonderful night out.

1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is not an industry where the same family owns the same restaurant for over thirty years if there isn't something exceptional about it. Spectacular prawns! I'm sure the rest of the food is great but that's all I've ever ordered there in 25 years.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I engineer a visit(or 2) to this lively restaurant every time I'm in Johannesburg. It is definitely worth visiting. I can recommend the prawn and peri peri chicken combo - fantastic.
This time I also tried the prawn cakes as a starter - WOW. Don't miss their home made chilli sauce. I was in the bar side this time - lovely atmosphere and a local footy game on. Maybe not for all but for me added to the atmosphere. For something a liitle more sedate book the restauarant side - but book early!!