“Excellent”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Went with a large group, and we're accommodated after realizing we needed more space. Good waiter, steak done to perfection. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Really one of the best steakhouses in the whole of Johannesburg. Great choice of cuts and meats, - they also had a delicious veggie platter. Service was great and smooth. You will not be disappointed! I advise making a booking because it gets really busy!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is one of my fiance & my firm favourites! We are regulars and are slightly ashamed that they now know us by name! The food is consistently excellent and service is superb. Any cut of steak (of which I have tried almost all) is always done to perfection and well seasoned. The sauces are always piping hot (clearly freshly made, our favourite is the blue cheese sauce) and the chips always crunchy. My fiance thoroughly enjoys the ribs and has never had any complaints. We went there a few weeks ago after a particularly draining day after our house had been broken into, and the hostess was so sympathetic and concerned...she even gave us shooters on the house to cheer us up! They also surprisingly make one of the best mojitos around Jhb. An all round awesome place to eat out!

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We went to the Trupps centre on Friday wanting to go to Lai Lai Gardens, only to find out that they have moved. As we were there already we decided to try out Turn 'n Tender. Although we do not eat beef, we were sure that they will have one or two non beef items that would be worth a try. My dry martini was good, although the can make a bit more effort on the garnish. My lamb tail started came with pap and gravy which complimented the lamb and was excellent. My wife's calamari started was equally good. Main course unfortunately was not as impressive. My wife's duck leg was so dry that even the orange and ginger sauce could not rescue it. My peri peri baby chicken was not peri and extra sauce was necessary. The main meals are offered with a good verity of sides, or a mixture of two or three. Our waitress Anna was friendly, knew her products and pleasant.

1  Thank Ugen M G
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Turn and Tender is the best steak house in JHB. You must try the biltong and cheese focaccia to share as a starter, they also make the best mashed potato in town. The branch in Parktown is our favourite.