“Worth a visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Very nice little restaurant away from the very crowded and busy 7th Street in Melville.Food and service is consistantly good. Pleasant outside area with reasonably priced meals. Kitchen open from 8am until 10pm. They also have no problem if you only want to sit down for a coffee or glass of wine - nobody will rush you or chase you away. They even have a tuc-tuc servise available.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Very Highs: Monday 10th of March - Birthday Dinner for 14. Pouring rain. No Electricity. We were received with a warm and accommodating welcome, by really friendly and helpful staff in the heavy rain. Every need was attended to. The service from the staff was excellent. The food that we received was excellent, even more so considering they did not have electricity . The decor is really beautiful. The bustling atmosphere for a Monday night was great. Clearly a really popular little local Trattoria - LOVED it!! THEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Wine List: NO! NO! NO! - Haute Cabriere Pinot/Chardonnay at R187.00 PER BOTTLE - WHAT ARE YOU ON? It retails at R85.00 per bottle and R510.00 per case??? This restaurant is by no means a Casalinga or a Campangnola or a Ciros it is a lovely Trattoria/Cafe so please charge according to your actual MENU - Very offended, very cheeky!!

My next very low was going to the bathroom. YUK ! YUK! Filthy dirty and just having a look down the passage to my right I was a little shocked at the dirty area with bags and mess in clear view of the patrons of the restaurant. Come on guys! Your front of house is magnificent but that was just out of order. Attention to detail!!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The preparations are a little old school. not as fresh and lively as modern italian food, but its quite good. they have a wood fired pizza oven and do a good pizza.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

My husband and I live in Westdene, which is a stone throws away from Melville. After living in the area for 2 years, we decided to brave the parking situation in Melville - or lack thereof - and start dining closer to home. The day we went, we actually got parking at the restaurant, so that felt like an immediate score. The wine glasses are brimming and reasonably priced - there also is a comprehensive wine list. The day we went, I was still on crutches - so it was a bit of a bother getting up and down steps, but worth it in the end. The service was very attentive and they were happy to give suggestions. We sat outside on the patio while the sun was setting and it was so breathtaking, my husband took photos. The food was awesome! We ordered the antipasto and it came with a delicious assortment of cheese, pate, olive, focaccia and bruscetta. I normally don't like liver or strong cheeses but I helped my hubby gobble up every bite. We both ordered pizza. I ordered the Pico Delux. It was draped with parmaham and topped with avo. It was so yummy, that I tried to make it at home, but it wasn't the same. Highly recommended. It is great for a date, but we are going tomorrow for my birthday celebration! Very much looking forward to it!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Every time I come here, I feel special. The service is fantastic and the food is amazing. No matter what you order you are going to have a good night. Ive been here with just two of us and in a large group. They will accommodate anything.