“An authentic tour of the vibrant township”

Mulaudzi Alexandra Tours
Ranked #21 of 105 Tours in Johannesburg
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have been working in Sandton for 4 months and I was always told to avoid any road through Alexandra. That was when I decided to take this tour to see if all those stories were true. I am really glad that I took this tour because I would ha e otherwise not found out about the warm enthusiastic spirit of this township!
The best thing about the tour is that it is not commercial. Jeff is a simple smiling guy who has been born and brought up in Alexandra. He does not have pamphlets and does not even have a fixed itenerary. That makes the entire journey really authentic and exciting. Jeff is really good - he makes sure that we mingle with the locals and learn their local language. By the end of the tour 'sun I bonani' and 'sharp sharp' get added to your vocabulary. He takes you in local transport and also greets you with local food and drink.
All in all a great experience and a must do!

1  Thank maneeshdhooper
"challenges"
"insight"
"safety"

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have joined the 4hour biking tour. It is an excellent experience. I can feel and see the true Joburg. My tour guide did an amazing job, he lives in Alex since he was born so he knows Alex very well. Alex is a little bit hilly. I can't ride up the slope, the guide was happy to push the bike up with me. The trip is easy and 100% safe (and the food is safe too). Remember to wear long pants because you may get dirty easily. And wear sunscreen!

3  Thank kirill49
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Jeff, THANK YOU for a tour that gave a memory for life. This tour in Alexandra is a must when you visit Joburg. The tour is well organized and takes you through the different parts of the township. Jeff is a remarkable guide that gives a very true picture of the life in a township. Our 4 teenagers (12-16y) did not complain one second during the tour and they have all spooken about this experience with true fascination! Sani bonani and all the luck with your future plans

1  Thank Annika H
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Jeff was an excelent host and took us on a great walking tour of Alex. No bicycles for us since we had our 1,5 year old daughter with us. He took his time to show us many interesting places and was a great guide. When he heard that we still had not been to Sandton he drove us there after the tour to show us the shopping mall.

1  Thank Cajsa H