“How the mighty have fallen.....”

Pigalle Melrose Arch
Ranked #20 of 1,208 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A world class restaurant renowned for exceptional seafood, meats wine & service. Master of elegant, yet trendy dining, overlooking the Melrose Arch Piazza.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“How the mighty have fallen.....”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Popped in for an unscheduled lunch. The service is very good and the ambiance lovely. My friend had the lamb phyllo, which she found to be heavy and bland. I wanted the Bouillabaisse. The waiter told me that the starter portion was very small and I should order a double portion which I did. The double portion was massive and far too much for me. The crab in the soup was soft, which means it wasn't fresh at all. The meat inside was like mush. I was disappointed and will not be back.

• Visited June 2014

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Surprisingly intimate”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

For a fairly well known restaurant we enjoyed out winter's dinner in an unexpectedly quiet and intimate environment. Tables are well spaced so we never felt the intrusion of other diners despite a full restaurant. As for the food, we were spoilt for choice. I settled for the duck quarter in an interesting strawberry sauce; slightly less tart than a traditional orange sauce, but not too syrupy or cloying. I also sampled an Alaskan crab soup in a Thai lemongrass infusion - wonderfully fragrant and tender. By the time we arrived at dessert, we over-indulged with the delicious crepes suzette, Judging from our neighbours, this was the house speciality, and I recommend leaving space to fully appreciate this.

All in all a very memorable and enjoyable experience.

• Visited July 2014
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had dinner at Pigalle Melrose Arch, and what a wonderful experience i had. Our waiter was very experienced and we were not want for anything. The chicken tandoori salad which was very good and my partner had the Salmon Teriyaki.

I would recommend that anyone try this one out.

• Visited January 2014
Krugersdorp, South Africa
“Dinner”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with work colleagues at Pigalle. Directions could be better, food was great though. I had the lamb phyllo and venison carpaccio

Johannesburg
“Excellent Customer Exprience”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had an excellent experience today having lunch with my wife as well as my in laws at Pigalle Melrose Arch. the waitress Nicole who was excellently trained provided excellent customer service not only to me as the Host but also to my guests. The Baby Lobster was an excellent choice as well as the prawns which was absolutely well prepared and not to mention delicious. thank you Pigalle for continuing to raise your standards and deliver excellent service which is hard to find these days. I will definitely be back soon.

• Visited April 2014