“Only eatery in walking distance to Airport City Hotel”
Review of Rawhide

Rawhide
Ranked #917 of 1,304 Restaurants in Johannesburg
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Tel. 0119742760; fax 0119743935, South Africa
Description: Tel. 0119742760; fax 0119743935, South Africa
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Rawhide is located adjacent to the car park of the Airport City Lodge Hotel, the door between the 2 premises can be opened with the key card of the hotel. Actually it is the only eatery in walking distance from the hotel. When I came for a reconnaissance of the restaurant at 17.15, I found the bar crowded with men enjoying a few beer after work. When we had dinner at 19.30 the bar was deserted, and the restaurant filled up with guest from the hotel and other places.
My colleagues found the generous portion of Greek salad a bit too too salty, the prawns excellent but the chicken curry too bland. My Kingklip definitely was too dry. The dishes are served on small plates so that they look full which I find not so appetizing, bigger plates would look better. The service is good except that the waitress served me the wrong brand of beer, twice.

1  Thank kilovolt500