“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of StayEasy Eastgate

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Johannesburg
StayEasy Eastgate
Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in Johannesburg
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in almost every Southern Sun hotel in South Africa due to my previous profession. As the name says, this is a "Stay easy" and not a holiday hotel. Perfect for quick stays and comfortable enough to make you feel "at home"...but not for too long. Greatest part of the hotel is its location to the Eastgate mall. We had dinner at the mall. Check in and check out was quick and pain-free. Staff were friendly enough. Our one complaint would be with regards to breakfast, unless you're an early riser and get there early most of the buffet breakfast finishes quickly. The tables weren't cleared quickly and we had to stand around for a few seconds to try spot a clean, free table.

All in all its a good budget hotel. We tried to log on to the WiFi but didn't understand how it worked so gave up. We will use it again if we're in need of easy and affordable accomodation.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Terrace, British Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I needed to be back in South Africa for a spell to tend to personal matters and needed conveniently positioned hotel to stay where I can do some work as well as rest. The staff have all been wonderful and friendly - especially Saffiya and Anthonie in the management team made my most comfortable and went out of their way to do so! With breakfast included I think this is a great deal!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Luanda, Angola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed for 5 days and enjoyed. Just need to work more the staff. I reserved a room with couple bed and when i arrieved they gave me a room with twin beds, something that left me very upset.
But in resume, i liked my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lusaka Province, Zambia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had stayed over here. A day before I left the country I had bought 500g of chocolates and left it in the room cause in the morning I had to go out. When I came back to my room I don't find my chocolates so I complained to the manager and he kept on saying he can't do anything then I said write it on the piece of paper, he refused then I said let me record you saying you can't do anything he kept quiet for 15 minutes. It shows that the manager doesn't care about his customers that's terrible! The manager can go through the housekeeping list to see you cleaned the room. But he just wasted my time. This hotel is not safe at all! I could only say best of luck! Thanks.

• Stayed January 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

The hotel is very neat, friendly staffs, easy check in and out, but can we have different meals each day? It was too monotonous and Christmas with you was very boring and please improve on telephone customer service, we didn't get much help from your team when we called from out of south Africa.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tsogo Sun Hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Very disapointed that i couldnt get breakfast, area was fairly busy and all the empty tables were dirty and no one to clean up. Has to sit at a dirty table with dirty plates from the earlier customer. Asked the staff to clean up but was ignored. The eggs were finished but managed to salvage 2 pieces of cold bacon and a slice of toast. Asked the staff if there was any more and was ignored.' will never use a stay easy hotel again.

Room Tip: no comment