StayEasy Eastgate
  • Pool
US$301
US$240
Agoda.com
Faircity Mapungubwe Hotel Apartments(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$64
The Reef Hotel(Johannesburg)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$43
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbudget hoteleast gatemajor freewaysenjoyed my stayshopping mallwalking distanceclean roomscleaning staffrecommend this hotelhotel staffeasy accesshome away from homewifiairportleisurejhbsecurity
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Everything from checking in was super but was not impressed by the breakfast. It was not up to the Tsogo Sun breakfast standard. I think the food preparation was based on the day as it was not appetising.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The quality of service was very good - the staff are polite and very professional. Ms Eunice who assisted with the check out was exceptionally honest and professional.
The room rates are quite reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jason M
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in almost every Southern Sun hotel in South Africa due to my previous profession. As the name says, this is a "Stay easy" and not a holiday hotel. Perfect for quick stays and comfortable enough to make you feel "at home"...but not for too long. Greatest part of the hotel is its location to the Eastgate mall. We had dinner at the mall. Check in and check out was quick and pain-free. Staff were friendly enough. Our one complaint would be with regards to breakfast, unless you're an early riser and get there early most of the buffet breakfast finishes quickly. The tables weren't cleared quickly and we had to stand around for a few seconds to try spot a clean, free table.

All in all its a good budget hotel. We tried to log on to the WiFi but didn't understand how it worked so gave up. We will use it again if we're in need of easy and affordable accomodation.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I needed to be back in South Africa for a spell to tend to personal matters and needed conveniently positioned hotel to stay where I can do some work as well as rest. The staff have all been wonderful and friendly - especially Saffiya and Anthonie in the management team made my most comfortable and went out of their way to do so! With breakfast included I think this is a great deal!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I stayed for 5 days and enjoyed. Just need to work more the staff. I reserved a room with couple bed and when i arrieved they gave me a room with twin beds, something that left me very upset.
But in resume, i liked my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business