The Mercure Hotel in Midrand is ideally situated for anybody needing to go to Gallaghar Estate. It's just a short drive (some even walked) from the hotel to the conference and exhibition centre. I wouldn't recommend it to tourists though as its far away from the tourists sites and in the middle of a business area. Was very impressed when I saw that the hotel contributes to the planting of a tree if you re-use your towls for 3 days by hanging it up. Big was my disappointment when I found that even if you hang up your towls, they still replace them. Duh?!?!? What's the use? Another problem is that they have no swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the business district, 30 minutes from OR Tambo international airport, 20 minutes from Sandton Convention Centre, within walking distance of the Gallagher Estate, the biggest conference centre in the southern hemisphere. 92 comfortable airconditioned rooms, secure outdoor parking. Pay shuttle service on request. 24 hour security. The restaurant is open from Monday to Friday (6.30 a.m.-10.30 a.m.) and on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays (7.00 a.m.-11.00 a.m.). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Johannesburg Midrand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Johannesburg Midrand Hotel Johannesburg
- Accor Johannesburg Midrand