Tastefully furnished, 4 storey local theme hotel hence do not feel too commercialise. Ideal for family stay. Service staff are polite and warm although dinning service can be slow - in room dinning breakfast was delivered 30mins later than the stipulated time on my order, disrupting our schedule as we have to catch a plane.
Spacious room with full length mirror. Non carpeted floor which is good for people with sensitive nose since carpet tends to worsen the situation. However floor can get quite cold so use the bedroom slippers provided. Bed is comfortable with a wide supply of pillows.
Open bathroom concept with room and bathtub/basin area separated by curtain. Toliet is separate by a sliding door which does not come with lock. Standing shower is in the toilet area with see thru glass panel visible from the room hence not ideal if you are staying with a roommate and have a need for privacy. US and UK sockets available at study area with 500MB complimentary internet. Connection is quick and instruction is easy to follow.
Amenities provided but short of toothbrush/toothpaste and replenishment of amentities doesn't happen automatically (have to be REQUESTED). Noticed the shoe mitt box is empty upon check-in to the room so left the box opened for replenishment but it was still left opened and empty when I returned in the evening even though bottled water had been replenished. M&Ms chocolates, bottled still and sparking water, cookies, beverage counter (selection of coffee, tea and hot chocolate) with hot water flask. Noticed that there are expired items in the minibar so CHECK carefully before consuming.
Reputable restuarants in the surronding with shopping mall just next to hotel. Quiet and away from the buzz of the city area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel has become an international destination in its own right, attracting discerning GUESTS who take pleasure in modern elegance and sophistication. Sheer style and individuality is what redefines the travel experience when staying at Africa's first truly HIP 5-star Hotel. The luxurious African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel, Johannesburg, South Africa is situated within the exclusive urban Melrose Arch lifestyle development, a "city within a city", that offers an extensive array of shops and restaurants to be explored. So, if shopping is on the cards, you couldn't ask for a better position. The entire Melrose Arch precinct is patrolled by 24 hour Security and monitored by CCTV surveillance for peace-of-mind comfort. If you want to arrive in style, simply book a transfer in one of our luxury vehicles. Engulf yourself in the trendy precinct that is Melrose Arch, which offers GUESTS everything and more at your doorstep. Loosen your tie and make your way outside to the Pool Bar. Make use of our complimentary internet access, take off your shoes and have lunch at our unique tables that sit in shallow water; perfect for that midday cool down. Want to get out and explore? With the vast attractions that Johannesburg has to offer, why not visit the nearby Military Museum or the musical landmark of Sophia Town; both of which have played huge roles in the history of our country. With so much to do within close proximity, a visit to our own March Restaurant is a must and offers a truly sensual dining experience; where decor meets a whimsical fusion of international flavours and cooking techniques.Too early for bed? Make yourself comfortable in the leather couches of the Library Bar. Indulge in a nightcap and be kept company by a selection of great authors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- African Pride Melrose Arch Hotel Johannesburg
- African Pride Melrose Arch Johannesburg